1) The negative symptoms of schizophrenia
a. are best illustrated by delusions.
b. represent additions to normal behaviors.
c. are likely to be caused by excessive brain dopamine activity.
d. represent the absence of normal behaviors.
e. are best illustra
1. Which is the correct order of methods of drug administration, from least efficient to most
a. oral administration, inhalation, injection
b. inhalation, injection, oral administration
c. injection, inhalation, oral administration
1) Activation of the _ nucleus of the amygdala elicits an emotional response.
2) Behavioral, autonomic, and hormonal emotional responses are elicited by activation of the
a. medial geniculate
1) Protein that pumps a molecule across a membrane
2) Embedded membrane protein that acts as (1) a binding site for a neurotransmitter and (2) a
pore that regulates ion flow to directly and rapidly change membrane voltage.
3) Neuron that uses acetylcholin
1. Technique that produces a static, three-dimensional brain image by passing a
strong magnetic field through the brain, followed by a radio wave, then
measuring the radiation emitted from hydrogen atoms.
2. Imaging technique that detects changes in blood
1) Panic disorder is currently treated using a combination of behavior therapy and
a. MAO inhibitor drugs.
b. tricyclic antidepressant drugs.
c. benzodiazepine drugs.
d. ethyl alcohol.
2) The effectiveness of benzodiazepines for the treatment of