N 355 Study Guide
1. This exam is worth 30% of your grade.
2. Be sure to read your textbook and use your unit objectives as general guidelines for study.
3. The focus is on the assessment of normal systems: related anatomy/function; hi
Nose, Mouth, and Throat Study Guide
1. List the 4 sets of paranasal sinuses, and describe their functions.
The paranasal sinuses are air-filled pockets within the cranium-lighten the weight of the
skull bones, serve as resonators for sound pr
Eye Study Guide
Anisocoria- Pupils of two different sizes (5% of people, normally)
Arcus Senilis- Commonly seen around the cornea; a gray-white arc or circle around the
limbus; it is due to deposition of lipid material. As more lipid accumula
Ear Study Guide
Otitis externa- (Swimmers ear) Infection of the outer ear, with severe painful movement of the
pinna and tragus. Severe swelling of the canal and pinna, inflammation, tenderness, redness.
There is scanty purulent discharge, sc
There are _206_ bones in the body. There are _33_ vertebrae: _7_
cervical; _12_thoracic, _5_lumbar, _5_sacral, and _4_ coccygeal.
List the major joints in the body: There are 2 types of joints- nonsynovial j
Running Head: CASE STUDY: JONATHAN
Case Study: Jonathan
California State University Fullerton
Nursing 355: Professional Nursing II: Health Assessment
Jennifer Talleff, MSN, FNP-C
November 25, 2012
The case study under review is a complaint fr
Physical Assessment: Respiratory
1. Identify at least 5 questions you would ask when obtaining a health history pertinent to the
1) Do you have a cough? When did it start? Gradual or sudden? How long have you had it?
2) Ever had shortn
How Much Do You Know About Breast Cancer?
Test your knowledge with our breast cancer quiz 1.
75% of women who are diagnosed with breast cancer are age 50 or
2. Most women who develop breast cancer have a family history of t
Concluding Neuro Assessment
List the 5 components of a simple reflex arc:
Differentiate an upper motor neuron from a lower motor neuron and state the type of
reflex response you would expect to see with each:
There are _ spinal nerves.
Cardiovascular Study Guide
1. List the areas of questioning to address during the health history of the CV system
2. What cardiac risk factors are important to explore during the health history? How do they
affect cardiovascular function?
3. How would you