CS 543 HW
Due: March 23
Please read and follow instructions in the syllabus addendum for this homework.
1. (True False) Function abstraction is a process of eliciting functions from the
target system in order to determine how the function operates for mai
CS 543 Homework
Due: 10 February
1. There are four main categories of change discussed in the text. They are:
Perfective, Corrective, Adaptive, Preventive.
2. (TRUE FALSE) Corrective change refers to modification initiated by defects in
Homework # 6 - Testing
Due: 13 April
1. (True False) The best tester is the one who creates tests that find
the most bugs in the software.
2. The difference between these statements cfw_1- we test in order to
verify SW conforms to a specifi
CS 543 Homework
Due: March 2
1. Prior to performing any maintenance, it is necessary to understand the software product.
This involves (a) knowing what the software does (b) knowing where changes need to be
made (c) knowing how elements to be modified wor
Due: 25 April
1. Configuration management is (a) a process for designing software (b) a
process for fixing bugs (c) a process of managing software change (d) a
process of software measurement (e) none of the above
These questions originate from the text Ch. 14 and from the Language and Tool lecture.
Due: 9 May
1. The text defines management as the art of exercising executive, administrative
and supervisory direction, but in the lecture it was d
Due: 11 May
Read through the slides for Rapid prototyping, Modeling and Simulation. Then answer
the following questions relative to a maintenance organization. These questions are
based entirely on the slides, but may not be answered
Due: 3 February
1. [True - False]"Software" referred to in software maintenance definitions are the coded
programs (and executables) that make up systems.
2. Software maintenance, by most definitions, is something that takes place
-37 problems / month in First year.
- 18 problems/month in second year.
- 10 problem/month in third year.
Work per year
-444 problems in the first year
-216 problems in the second year
-120 problems in the third year
Now 60% of the probl