Lesson 9: Black Exceptionalism and Social Contexts Notes
1. Describe the Black family marriage, children, extended family, and fictive
kinship experience during this era.
2. Describe the trends of Black and White multiracial relationships by
Lesson 8: Later European Immigrants & Becoming White
1. Describe the push and pull factors of the Later European American
2. List the type of immigrants the Italians and Jews were.
3. List the three past and present stereot
Introduction Material Race vs.
o Time & Location
o Anglo Conformity Theory by
Minority vs. Majority Groups &
Lesson 4: Racial Inequality Notes
1. Define income and wealth.
2. Describe the two social consequences of wealth by race.
3. Describe the findings from the American Apartheid book discussed below.
4. Define and be able to identify an example
Week 8 Checklist
1. View the PowerPoint presentation entitled Reasoning Fallacies.
2. Watch the fallacies video to better understand how they are a part of everyday mass media.
3. Read chapter 7 in Asking the Right Questions and complete the ARQ summary n
English 70: Reasoning & College Reading
Monday 4:00-6:50 in LRC221 (section #12995)
Professor: Dr. Jeff Vogel
Office Hours/BGS 209: M 12:00-1:30, T,TH 9:00-10:30, Virtual Office Hours: T 4:30-5:00
Lesson 5: Immigration Reactions Notes
1. List and define the two contexts of exit.
2. List and define the three types of immigrants.
3. List and define the three immigration contexts.
4. Define and be able to identify an example of the two t