Ch 1 : overview of BI, analytics, and decision support
1. List the components of and explain the Business Pressures- Response- Support model
-Business Environmental Factors
* The environment which organizations operate
*Markets, Consumer Dem
ANALYSIS WITH EXCEL Regression
The managing director of a consulting group has the following monthly data on total overhead
costs and professional labor hours to bill to clients.
Mini Case 1
Eli Orchid has designed a new pharmaceutical product, Orchid Relief, which improves the night sleep.
Before initiating mass production of the product, Eli Orchid has been market-testing Orchid Relief in
Orange County ov
Ch 2 Data Warehousing
1. What is a data warehouse
A physical repository where relational data are specially organized to provide enterprisewide, cleansed data in a standardized format
A pool of data produced to support decision making
SIMPLE LINEAR REGRESSION
CHAPTER 14: SECTIONS 1-7
Correlation versus Causation
Simple Linear Regression Model
R-square and standard error of the model
Basic Idea Behind Regression
b. As billable hours increase by 1, overhead costs
increase by $46.77
The fixed component of $212,59
Adjusted R Square
A. Independent and dependent
variables doesn't show strong
Using the Excel file Weddings, apply the Excel Regression Tool using the wedding cost as the
dependent variable and attendance as the independent variable.
a. Interpret all key regression results hypothesis tests, and confidence interv
EXERCISE Visual Analytics with Digital Dashboards
Go to Stephen Fews blog The Perceptual Edge perceptualedge.com). Go to the section of Examples.
In this section, he provides critiques of various dashboard examples. Read a handful of these examples.
Business Intelligence, 3e (Sharda/Delen/Turban)
Chapter 2 Data Warehousing
1) In the Isle of Capri case, the only capability added by the new
software was increased processing speed of processing reports.
2) The "islands of data" problem in
Credit Hours Current Percent
Traditional reporting is a manual, a high effort-demanding and a time-consuming
process which is used by organisations only for tracking their internal business activities,
meeting the legal agreement requirements demanded by the government or for coll
Application case 2.2
1. What is student attrition, and why is it an important problem in higher education?
Student attrition has turned out to be a standout amongst the most difficult issues for chiefs in
academic establishments. In spite of the considera
Having a well-rounded and knowledgeable understanding of customers is not just a
critical factor for a companys success, it is vital. The article makes its first point towards this
statement by saying that, the ability to transf
Ch 3 Business reporting, Visual analytics, and business performance management
1. What is a report? What are reports used for?
Report: any communication prepared with specific intention of conveying information in
a presentable form
1. Describe the benefits of implementing the Continental Go Forward strategy.
The strategy overall is comprised of connected and concurrent actions. One of the first
versions for the general strategy had the goal of restoring Continental to profitability,
Goal: Complaint Analysis in california
Data: Use denormalized data
Next Meeting: April 26th @8:00pm
Refer to 201503_cfpb_consumer-response-annual-report-2014.pdf in our google share drive.
January 1 December 31, 2014
Director of the CFPB
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB or the Bureau) began consumer response
operations on July 21, 2011 as the nations first
Analysis of Consumer
Financial Products and Services
Team Visualizers CSU, Fullerton
May 15, 2016
Dulshan De Silva
California State University
Analysis of Consumers
1/The data warehousing maturity model consists of six stages:
prenatal, infant, child, teenager, adult, and sage
2/Bill Inmon advocates the data mart bus architecture whereas
Ralph Kimball promotes the hub-and-spoke architecture, a data
mart bus arch
Self-Assessment Chapter 3 Quiz
1. Travel and Transport created an online BI self-service system that allowed clients to access
2. Metric management reports are used to manage business performance through outcomeoriented metrics in ma
Self-Assessment Quiz 1
1. Computerized support is only used for organizational decisions that are responses to external
pressures, not for taking advantage of opportunities.
2. The use of dashboards and data visualizations is seldom effective in fin
Self-Assessment Quiz 2
1. All of the following are benefits of hosted data warehouses EXCEPT
frees up in-house systems.
better quality hardware.
smaller upfront investment.
greater control of data.
2. Which data warehouse architecture uses a normalized re
Self-Assessment Chapter 4
1. In the Cabela's case study, what types of models helped the company understand the value of
customers, using a five-point scale?
clustering and association models
2. Understanding customers better has helped Amazon and others
Name: Chaitrali Mahanwar
Monday evening batch
THOMAS DAVENPORT_- ARTICLE QUESTIONS
Discuss Anatomy of Analytics competitors. What are the differences in their behavior that impact
their customer experience, their pricing?
One analytics c