Short Answers For Social Psychology
Test # 1
1) What are the advantages + disadvantages b/w the two
research methods of Experimental and Correlation method
for social psychology:
in an experiment youre able to manipulate a variable w
Short Answers for FINAL EXAM- SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY
Question #1. Critique the Buss Learners aggression paradigm and the Bogus ESP Aggression
Aggression is a physical or verbal intent to harm or hurt someone.
We have two types of aggressions:
- Psychology phylogenetic scale
Scientific method makes it a science
Step 1: Making some observations
- opposite gender keeps looking at (observation)
Step 2: Formulate Hypothesis on what you observed
- a little tiny theory
CH 5- Persuasion
- Persuasion- the process by which a msg induces change in beliefs, att or beh
o Its power enables us to promote health or to sell addiction, to advance peace or stir up hate.
- Persuasion is neither good or bad but its the content of the
Ch 4- Behaviour and Attitudes
Evil and Moral Acts
Evil sometimes results from gradually escalating commitments.
Evil acts influence attitudes
Actions and attitudes feed each other, sometimes to the point of moral numbness. The more one harms another
RonaldMartin,RobertPatterson,andMarkMartinstageasitdown strikeafterbeingrefusedserviceataF.W.Woolworthlunchcounterin Greensboro,N.C.,1960
What is Conformity?
- Conformity is given ve labels (submission, compliance) rather than +ve ones (communal, sensitivity,
responsiveness, cooperative team play) in north America. In japan its seen as tolerance, self-control and
- We choose label