Test Oct. 15 2012/ lecture notes:
Examining food as a site of complex personal. Poitical, and cultural meanings:
Growing contradictions for the modern eater.
- Sample questions:
- what should we have for dinner
FOOD AS CELEBRATION, AFFECTION, CARE AND
The characteristics of a good man and woman were discussed in the lecture.
Some characteristics of women didnt exist in the past, and since it is here now, we
conclude that women have improved a lot.
There are significant number of people is
Tutorial: Oct 17th 2012
What determine your habitus?
Culture, symbolic dimensions. (it shapes you the person you are.
Economic status (social economic status)
A disadvantaged community in where there is poor access t
Oct. 27/ 2012 KINE 1000 Lecture Notes
Lance Armstrong is helping raise millions of dollars every year for cancer research and
Some athletes are better at using drugs secretly without drug testers finding out about it.
Sexualisation of female athlete
Oct 24 Lecture notes
Summer Olympic participation of women has been increasing up to 46% in London
Men earn more than women
When women get involved in sports they have to follow rules made by men.
3% to 5% of media cover athletic women.
Much of your
OCT/27-TUTORIAL/ KINE 1000 (326 Bethune 12:30 to 1:30 Wednesdays)
Sport and Representation
- Emphasized in media representation
- Women are under represented
- Sport is highly masculinized and men are afraid that women would enter
KINE 1000/ OCTOBER 29TH.
Society has constructed different images for men and women
- Men are socially seen as tough, strong, tall, and etc.
- Women are seen as soft, emotional, caring, etc.
Masculinity and feminity are constructed in narrow and rigid wa
Nov 5th Lecture:
The search for normal
- Social variables affect your normal appearance.
- Women and men view Normal in different perspectives.
- In order to reach Normal (standouut in society, become diversed), they would diminish
parts of their body to