Feb 13, 2013
- Protein catabolism = breakdown.
- Assuming in a healthy individual, during protein breakdown, ammonia is converted to
urea so blood ammonia is never high or low. <- especially not cuz there was a starvation.
- Excess AA are deaminated and c
- sequences of Amino Acids never have all of the same AA.
- Non-essential is because the body can make the large quantity of AA, not that they're less
o Nonessential = diet/make
o Essential = only diet
- Under certain conditions such as s
- Body water composition is affected by age, gender, and body composition (fat vs muscle)
o A person with more fat (e.g. females) will have a lower % of water
o Fat does not contain as much water as muscles
- Fat-soluble (hydrophobic) substances g
- DEXA = Dual energy X-ray absorptiometry
- Every bone has two components:
o Cortical bone
Outer wall of larger bones (long bones)
Main tissue in smaller bones
o Trabecular bone
If don't consume enough C
Mock Exam: KINE 4020 (Human Nutrition)
1. What vitamin(s) are water soluble
e) B and C
f) A and D
2. What is the recommendation for protein contribution in total energy consumption?
d) None of the above
This source demonstrates the idea that in order for a nation or the world to have peace there
cannot be poverty, social injustice, inequality, oppression, environmental degradation and the
mistreatment of the weak. John Locke the father of liberalism beli