CHAPTER 17 SECTION 4: MULTIPLE REGRESSION
136. If the Durbin-Watson statistic has a value close to 0, which assumption is violated?
a. Normality of the errors.
b. Independence of errors.
d. None of these choices.
CHAPTER 13 SECTION 3: INFERENCE ABOUT COMPARING TWO
57. If some natural relationship exists between each pair of observations that provides a logical reason to
compare the first observation of sample 1 with the first observatio
CHAPTER 13 SECTION 5: INFERENCE ABOUT COMPARING TWO
129. In constructing a confidence interval estimate for the difference between two population proportions,
a. pool the population proportions when the populations are norm
CHAPTER 10 SECTION 3: INTRODUCTION TO ESTIMATION
123. Which of the following statements is false regarding the sample size needed to estimate a population
a. It is directly proportional to the population variance.
b. It is directly p
CHAPTER 13 SECTION 4: INFERENCE ABOUT COMPARING TWO
87. The ratio of two independent chi-squared variables divided by their degrees of freedom is:
a. normally distributed
b. Student t-distributed
c. chi-squared distributed
CHAPTER 15 SECTION 1: CHI-SQUARED TESTS
1. To determine whether data were drawn from a multinomial distribution with certain proportions, you
a. chi-squared goodness-of-fit test.
b. chi-squared test of a contingency table.
CHAPTER 17 SECTION 3: MULTIPLE REGRESSION
111. Which of the following statements regarding multicollinearity is not true?
a. It exists in virtually all multiple regression models.
b. It is also called collinearity and intercorrelation.
CHAPTER 23: CONCLUSION
1. Which of the following statements is true?
a. Descriptive techniques summarize information from samples.
b. Inferential techniques allow us to make estimates about a population.
c. Inferential techniques allow us