School of Continuing Studies
Mastering Canadian Business
Dates and Times of Classes: (Fridays) Aug 19, Aug 26, Sept 2, and Sept 9.
This course will provide
2-literacy and numeracy development
The writing was an essential ingredient of the ancient civilizations, Yemen civilization
depended on the line of the predicate, pharaonic civilization based on hieroglyphs, Sumerian,
Babylonian and Assyrian civilization
Accounting under the Greek civilization
Is considered Greeks first used the accounts to measure payments and receipts which
interventions and outputs and have discovered some accounting processes considered in those
civilization and basis of accounting un
Is the science concerned with adjusting the various operations carried out by the institution in
accordance with the rules and principles and aims to find out their debts and their rights.
Accountancy is a set of gener
Marketing Management, 14e (Kotler/Keller)
Chapter 6 Analyzing Consumer Markets
1) _ is the study of how individuals, groups, and organizations select, buy,
use, and dispose of goods, services, ideas, or experiences to satisfy their needs and
1. A key ingredient of the marketing management process is insightful, _ marketing strategies
and plans that can guide marketing activities.
Level of difficulty: Mediu
16. With respect to core business processes, all the activities involved in gathering market
intelligence, disseminating it within the organization, and acting on the information is referred to as
a. market sensing process
b. market research proces
8. The last step in the value creation and delivery sequence is _ the value where the sales
force, sales pro
motion, advertising, and other communication tools announce and promote the product.
23. Core co
mpetencies tend to refer to areas of special technical and production expertise, where _ tend to
describe excellence in broader business processes.
a. process benchmar
b. distinctive capabilities
c. core business values
d. value statements
Just Energy Video
1. Is this an ethical company? Why or why not?
What did this company and its employees do wrong?
What stakeholders did it affect?
Reference: 16 x 9 Global News Just Energy Hustle
Date: November 8, 2014 8:00pm.
Canadian Business Professional Designations
1. Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) - Chartered Professional Accountants of
2. Certified Credit Professional (CCP) - Credit Institute of Canada
3. Fellow of Credi
Session 2 Group Activity#1
Research a Canadian company
A) Answer the following questions:
1. What is the business/industry?
2. Who is the company owned by? (public or private)
3. What product does the company manufacture (or sell) or what servic
Mastering Canadian Business:
Discuss careers in business administration,
accounting and human resources.
Examine various professional designations,
student clubs and networking opportunities.
Review current trends in busi
Who are the Top 40?1
August 1, 2014
by Canadian Mining Journal Editor
Agrium Inc. was founded as Cominco Fertilizers, Limited (short for
Consolidated Mining and Smelting Company Limited) in 1931 and
National Association of accountants. The National Association of Accountants
Cost accounting standards Board. The Cost Accounting Standards Board (CASB)
Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants. The Canadian Institute of Chartered
Accountants ( CICA)