1. For an agency subpoena to be valid require (list 3)
ii. Not unduly burdensome
iii. Cannot require privileged information
2. _ enable US person to submit a request for information about an government agency
Freedom of Information Act
Award: 0.42 out of 0.47 points
The U.S. system of common law:
is derived from the French common law.
is derived from the British common law.
was established in the U.S. Constitution.
is a secondary source of law established in
Award: 0 out of 1.00 point
Which of the following is the last step in the Administrative Procedure Act's (APA's) rulemaking process?
Congress passes a statute establishing an agency or charging an agency with new authority.
Award: 0 out of 2.00 points
France has enacted a national law pertaining to the import and export requirements for certain types of
wine. If the United States defers to
the French law and honors their import and export requi
Award: 2 out of 2.00 points
Which of the following is the primary purpose of state long-arm statutes?
To review and question the decisions of trial courts
To allow appeal for cases that were denied by state appellate courts
vi y re
Award: 0 out of 1.00 point
An aggrieved party is entitled to recover consequential damages when:
the losses are covered by compensatory damages.
the damages are caused by unforeseeable factors.
the losses are due to factors wit
Award: 1 out of 1.00 point
Under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), if a seller fails to achieve perfect tender in a sales
contract, the buyer has the option of accepting
any number of commercial units and rejecting the rest of
Legal Environment of Business
Introduction to Law
If you didnt introduce yourself of Tuesday,
please do so:
Area of Concentration:
Life time Aspiration/Dream [Goal]:
Work Experience, if applicable:
1. What are the two  conflicting goals of stare decisis that creates tension in the law?
1. Lower courts are required to follow prior cases for consistency.
2. Courts will overturn prior decision in spite of precedent when it will improve
Each Question is worth 3 points. Provide the answer which most correctly responds to the
The doctrine of stare decisis:
makes the legal process more expensive.
is an equitable remedy.
Law, Ethics & Business
Part 2: Open Book and Notes [no use of internet] Each question is worth thirty  points:
1. The police are searching for a person in connection with a murder. The
police have received a
1. Robert called a cleaning service and hired them to clean his apartment. The service staff mistakenly
cleaned Brandon's apartment, which was
situated directly above Robert's. The category of contracts that will require Brandon to pay the clean