1. Assume that there are numerous Internet service providers (ISPs) in a large city.
Because of fierce competition, these businesses advertise hearvily. One of the features
that some of them provide and advertise is streamlined access to pornography sites
01. Don, a salesperson for Excel Autos, promises Fern that a certain car will give her a
smooth ride. Don offers a test drive, which Fern declines. She buys the car but soon
realizes that its suspension is in poor condition. Fern
I. SalesUCC Article 2Sale of Goods
A. Saledefined as passing title, i.e. ownership, from the seller to the buyer for a
price. Price doesnt mean just money; would cover barter and the like.
B. GoodsTangible and movable stuff; NOT real estate; NOT commercia
COMMON LAW vs. STATUTES
I. Common Lawlaw or legal principles made by judges. A judicial decision in a case
becomes PRECEDENT that indicates how similar cases should be decided in the future.
Lends predictability and stability to the law in that courts are
1. Ann was hired by Peter to sell a condominium in San Francisco. The asking price for
the modest two-bedroom unit was $2,300,000. Peter told Ann he would go as low as
$2,100,000, but no lower, but that she should try to get as high a price as possible. I
01. Which of the following is not required of an agency relationship?
b. Consent of the parties to act as agent or principal
c. Fiduciary relationship d. Control of principal over agents conduct
02. Can a person work as a
The doctrine of judicial review allows:
a. the executive branch to revoke or overrule court decisions.
b. the judiciary to decide whether laws or actions of other branches of
government are constitutional or unconstitutional.
c. the judiciary to write
EXTRA CREDIT ESSAY #1
1. Plaintiff, Maurice Frank, is a well-known accountant and tax consultant in the State of New
Jersey. He appears often in his own advertisements on New York and New Jersey television
stations and his picture accompanies print ads in
1. Joseph offered to sell Chelsea his bicycle for $100. Chelsea asked if the bicycle
sale included an extra tire. Joseph said there was not an extra tire. Chelsea then
agreed to pay $100 for the bicycle, but Joseph refused to sell, stating that he now