Chapter 5 Study Guide
1. Describe the dangers of entering pregnancy obese. What metabolic changes
are expected when an obese woman become pregnant?
Obesity-higher gestational diabetes and hypertensive disorder.
Increased blood levels, increased C-reactive
Chapter 4 Study Guide
1. Explain how infant mortality is related to the overall health status of a population.
Infant mortality reflect general health and socialeconomics status of a population.
Decrease mortality related to improvement of social economic
Chapter 7 Study Guide
1. Describe the most common conditions that may be experienced by a woman
who is breastfeeding and how they can be treated (i.e. sore nipples).
Sore nipple- position.
Flat- roll her nipple between fingers
Letdown-oxytoxin nasal spray
Chapter 3 Study Guide
1. Define PMS and provide dietary and supplemental interventions that may
assist with reducing symptoms.
PMS: Characterized by life-disrupting physiological & psychological
changes that begin in the luteal phase & end with menses
Chapter 2 Study Guide
1. Describe in detail the two different phases of the menstrual cycle what they are called and the primary
hormones involved (and the roles of each hormone).
Follicular phase: follicle growth and maturation.
Chapter 6 Study Guide
1. Identify the different hormones involved in breastfeeding and describe their
Progesterone, human placenta lactogen, prolactin(Milk)-alveolar development
Human growth hormone-terminal end buds