Berger Quiz 7
1. Children between the ages of 6 to 11 are within the developmental called:
b. early childhood.
c. middle childhood.
2. When comparing the rate of growth for children from ages 6 to 11, one notices
Berger: Quiz 6
1. The preeminent psychosocial accomplishment between the ages of 2 and 6 is learning when
and how to:
a. make friends.
b. know right from wrong.
c. regulate emotions.
d. make choices.
2. An angry 5-year-old girl might stop herself from hit
Berger Quiz 8
1. Children's increasing ability to regulate themselves, to take responsibility, and to
exercise self-control contributes to their:
b. peer values.
2. More than people of any other age, children
Lifespan Homework 5
1. The average weight for a typical 6-year-old child is between 40 and
2. Between the ages of 1 and 6, appetite
3. The just right phase of childhood, characterized by rigidity about daily routines and food preferences
Psy 160 Spring 2016 Exam 2 Essay Questions
1. For each aspect of development between 2 and 6 years of age, name one important
theorist, the theorists name(s) for the stage(s), and an example that illustrates one of
Berger Homework 9
1. The years of physical growth and sexual maturation that ends childhood is called _.
2. The first menstrual period is called _ and usually occurs between the ages of 9 and
3. The first ejaculation of seminal fluid is called _.
Lifespan Homework 6
1. According to Erik Erikson, the crisis experienced by children during early childhood is
2. When a child has formed an understanding of self, including gender, size, and personality, that
child has developed a
3. If a
Berger Quiz 9
1. The period when children's bodies become adultlike is called:
c. the growth spurt.
d. secondary sex development.
2. Menarche is:
a. the beginning of growth of the uterus.
b. the first ovulation of a mature egg.
Lifespan Homework 7
1. Genetics and environmental factors safeguard
2. Active play in school hours has
in the past two decades.
3. Having a body mass index (BMI) above the 85th percentile for one's age is the definition of
4. Having a body mass index