3. How does the M1A1 Abrams tank reflect the changing nature of warfare today?
The M1A1 Abrams tank reflects the changing nature of warfare today because of the differences
and obviously changes in technology that this tank has versus the early m
2. Do you believe that there should be global acceptance of genetically modified organisms?
What cultures and countries oppose GMOs?
I do not believe that there should be a global acceptance of genetically modified organisms
because a growing amount
1. Provide an example of an anticipated and unanticipated consequence to technology that is
not listed in this reading.
One technology that is not listed in this reading is human developmental gene modification.
Gene modification has been proposed
1. Who Killed the Electric Car Worksheet 1. Electric cars were fast, produced zero emissions,
and ran without gasoline.
2. By 1920, the internal combustion engine had won the race for control of the road.
3. Every gallon of gasoline burned adds 18 pounds
Page 141, questions 5 & 7
5. With more than 440 operational nuclear plants worldwide and 26 plants under construction, is
the chance for a nuclear accident growing larger or smaller? What might be the consequences
of a major nuclear accident?
Technology and Society
Page 24 Q's 1,2,8
1. What three changes took place in human development to distinguish humans from apes?
The first change that took place in human development that distinguishes humans from apes
was habitually walking upright. Fossi
Page 62 Q 1 &2, Page 68 Q 4
1. Examine the relationship between ethics and technology by comparing consequentialist,
deontological, and utilitarian (hedonic and ideal) theory to three specific correlated
Consequentialist ethical theories and
Technology Acquisition Proposal
Solar energy is an important part of life and is completely natural. Its considered
a clean energy source that does not disrupt the environment or create a threat to
ecosystems, that the way oil or other forms of energy mig
1. Comment on the authors proposed new energy system. What key energy technologies
does the author recommend for a sustainable environment?
The author recommends wind and solar powered technologies for a sustainable
environment. He claims that the