Dietary Energy and
1. How does the body use the energy in food?
2. How does aerobic respiration extract useful
energy from food?
3. When does fermentation occur, and why
cant it sustain human life?
Chemistry and Molecules of Life
A meteoroid has hit your spaceship! Luckily, you are passing through the Nonog System, which consists of a sun-like star surrounded by
seven planets, some of which have moons. Your ship has barely e
Energy Flow and Photosynthesis
Copyright 2014 by W. H. Freeman and Company
1. What are the photosynthetic organisms on the
planet, and why are they so important?
2. What are the different types of energy and what
Chapter 4 Nutrition, Metabolism,
1. What are the macronutrients and
micronutrients provided by food?
2. What are essential nutrients?
3. What are enzymes, and how do they work?
4. What are the consequences of a diet lac
Study Guide Exam IIA
1) Know products of glycolysis, Krebs cycle and electron chain transport. Know what
gets oxidized and reduced.
a) Glycolysis- oxidation; loses electrons causes oxidation and so reducing it.
b) Krebs cycle-oxidation
c) Electron chain t
Study Guide Exam I
1) Know all the steps of the scientific method
c) Hypothesis- educated guess
2) Know all the kingdoms and examples of each
a) Monera (bacteria) (single celled)
i) E. Coli
In the duration of instruction in Biology 1010 laboratory we have learned many
things, one being how a life of a plant can be affected by keeping it in the sun or in the
shade. Our lab showed us how interestingly the sun had no effect on the number of
Study Guide Exam 3
Gamete- a mature haploid male or female germ cell that is able to unite with
another of the opposite sex in sexual reproduction
1) Know the phase of mitosis and meiosis well
a) Phases of mitosis include
(1) Chromosomes visib
Home Spring 2017 SPRING 2017 BIOL 1010-11 General
BIOL 1010-28 Mid Term Exam #1
Monday, February 13, 2017, 6:00 PM
Monday, February 13, 2017, 6:59 PM
59 mins 40 secs
Points out of 2