2)Which one of the following is a difference between sexual and asexual reproduction?
5)Virchows simple and profound principle, stated formally in 1858, was that
8)Sister chromatids are
11)Which of the following help maintain the structure of chromosomes
2. A. Pregnancy is a spontenaous event, and the charachteristics of the offspring are
determined by the gods
3. A. The theory of pangenesis incorrectly suggests that reproductive cells receive
particles from somatic cells
4. A. Peas
5. A. Hybrids
1. A. Sexual reproduction
2. A. Cell division only occurs after sexual reproduction
3. A. All forms of reproduction
4. A. Identical chromosomes but not identical genes
5. A. Animals must always reproduce
6. A. Can reproduce an entire organism
7. A. Pr
LK IK PAYLATIIMIZ SORULARIN B IKLARI
1. B. sexual reproduction
2.B. only offspring from asexual reproduction inherit traits from two parents
3.B. sexual reproduction only
4.B. identical genes but different cromozomes
5.B. photosentesis is the center of al
3. strictly speaking, the phrase like begets like refers to
6. which one of the following is a phrase cell division
9. compared to prokaryotic chromosomes, eukaryotic chromosomes
12. eukaryotic cell spends most of their cell cycle in whic
LK IK PAYLATIIMIZ SORULARIN C IKLARI
1.C. a life cycle
2.C. sexual reproduction typically includes the development of unfertilitizal eggs
3.C. a sexual reproduction only
4.C. the same combination of traits but different genes
5.C. animals must develop
1) D. regeneration
2) D. sexual reproduction is more likely to increase genetic variation that is asexual
D. Production of gametes from a premeiotic cell.
D. Only a 20% chance of sharing the same combination of genes.
D. Every cell from a
1. E. none of the choices are correct
2. E. only asexual reproduction results from the (okuyamadm kelime zr) of a sperm and
3. E. none of the choices are correct
4 E. similar but not identical combination of genes
5 E. all life evolves
6 E. is comm
1) Define the following terms for genetic technologies used in the movie. State how these
technologies are currently used in todays society and how they were used in the GATTACA
Genetic Screening Definition:
Current Uses in Todays Soci
MBG110 - Introduction to Modern Biology
due to October 21, 2014 Tuesday
We have discussed how independent orientation of chromosomes, random fertilization, and crossing over can
lead to varied offspring. The diag
1) Art is important to bio. because
a) great art ispire scientists to work.
7)A scanning electron microscope is used to study _ whereas
a transmission electron microscope is used to study_.
A) live cells dead cells
b) cell surfaces internal
1. Art is important to biology because;
a. Great art inspires people to work
b. Biologists use art to illuminate their findings
c. Most art includes a detailed study of an aspect of biology
d. Many scientific andances(?) began with the study of art
3. lerin e klar.
2- E. Heritable traits are influenced by the environment and the behaviors of parents
3- E. Aristotle suggested that inheritance is the potential to produce body features
4- E. Clones
5- E. True breeding
6- E. The hybrid offspring of an f
2) D. Fertilization of plants is dependent on a animal.
3) D. The blending hypothesis suggests that all of the traits of the offspring come from either
the mother or the father.
4) D. fruit flies
5) D. independent crosses
6) D. The hybrid offspring of a
2)Offsprin inherit the traits of either the mother or the father, but not both.
3)The blending hypothesis does not explain how traits that disappear in one generation can
reappear in later generations
Biyoloji3.3 ve 3n katlar sorular:,
3.which of the following statements regarding hypothesis about inheritance is false?
6. which of the following statements regarding cross-breeding and hybridization is false?
9.Research since Mendels time has established
2) C. Offsprin inherit the traits of either the mother or the father, but not both.
3) C. The blending hypothesis does not explain how traits that disappear in one generation
can reappear in later generations
4) C. fruit flies
5) C. monohybrid cros
KNC PAYLATIIMIZ IKLARIN B IKLARI
2. B. particles called pargenes which originate in each part of an organisms body, collect in
the sperm or eggs and are passed on to the next generation
3. B. contrary to the theory of pangesis, somatic cells do not influe
3) Light microscopea
A) can generally magnify objects about 10.000 times without blur rive.
B) typically provide more resolution than an electron microscopea
C) work by reflecting electrons of the surface of on object being studied
D) use light and glase
9)The diameter of most animal and plant cells ranges from
A)0.01 to 0.1 microns
B)0.1 to 1.0 microns
C)1.0 to 10 microns
D)10 to 100 microns
E)100 to 1000 microns
13)A)It doesnt matter if the cough drop is in one piece or many pieces the total amount of
4- Which one of the folllowing statements is true about electron microscopes?
a) Electron beams are focused to create a magnified image of an object.
b) Scanning electron microscopes are used to study the details of internal cell sructure.
c) Electron mic
Review Ch. Oi
These modules discuss the basic principles of heredity and introduce the vocabulary of
genetics. Read the modules carefully, and then practice using the vocabulary by matching
each phrase on the left with a word or phrase on the right. (This