Chapter 14: Project Implementation, Closure, and
Project implementation focuses on installing or delivering the projects major
deliverable in the information system that was built or purchased.
For a project to be closed succes
Chapter 13: Leadership and Ethics
1. A project leader can be the project manager or an individual who assumes a
leadership role at some time during the project.
2. Leadership is the same thing as management.
3. Leadership focuses on activities
Chapter 12: Project Procurement Management and
1. Project procurement management focuses on the contract management and change
control processes required to administer contracts or purchase orders issued by
authorized project team m
Chapter 11: Managing Organizational Change, Resistance,
1. Experience shows that it is easier to gain compliance for a new system than
2. Stress is usually only associated with negative change (dread).
3. According to L
Chapter 10: IT Project Quality Management
1. The PMBOK definition of project quality management focuses on conformance to
2. PMBOK defines the major quality management processes as: conformance to
requirements, fitness for use,
Chapter 9: Project Communication, Tracking, and
Because of their capacity for capturing and disseminating data and information,
IT based solutions to communications plans always represent the best solution.
Communication with pr
Chapter 8: Managing Project Risk
1. Failure to follow a formal risk management plan will often cause organizations to be
reactive and find themselves in a state of perpetual crisis, a condition known as crisis
2. The best time to pl
Chapter 7: The Project Schedule and Budget
1. The project budget is determined by the project schedule, the cost of the resources
assigned to each of the tasks, and by any other direct or indirect costs and reserves.
2. The PMBOK area called pr
Chapter 6: The Work Breakdown Structure and Project
1. A work breakdown structure (WBS) provides a hierarchical structure that outlines the
activities or work that needs to be done in order to complete the project scope.
2. The work
Chapter 5: Defining and Managing Project Scope
According to the PMBOK area of scope management, one of the processes is
scope planning which means ensuring that authority and resources are committed to
developing a scope management plan.
Chapter 4: The Human Side of Project Management
1. The performance of an organization or a project s influenced largely by how well its
resources are organized
2. A single organizational structure is best for all organizations regardless of str
Chapter 3: Developing the Project Charter & Baseline Plan
The project charter and project plan make up the projects strategic plan.
2. The project management processes are initiating, planning, executing, evaluating
Chapter 2: Initializing and Conceptualizing the IT Project
1. A methodology provides a strategic-level plan for managing and controlling IT
2. A business case is a deliverable that documents the projects goal as well as several
Chapter 1: The Nature of Information Technology Projects
1. According to the CHAOS study, most IT projects are completed on time but over
2. According to the CHAOS study, an impaired project is one that is cancelled