Describe business analysis and identify its objectives:
1. Evaluate firms economics prospects (intrinsic value) and
evaluate risk (credit risk : firms ability to meet both
short-term and long-term debt commitments)
a. To assist users in the
Workshop Questions Week 4 (topic 3)
Q 2-6 Who has the main responsibility for ensuring fair and accurate
financial reporting by a company?
1. Managers/board of directors are responsible (depending on the
nature of the position?)
a. Managers have the onus
Q 2-45 What is Accounting Analysis?
Whether the companys accounting reflects
Accounting analysis sits at step no 3 (after
business and strategy analyses)
A process of evaluating the extent to which a
companys accounting reflects economic
SCHOOL OF ACCOUNTING
ASSIGNMENT COVER SHEET
Student ID No.
Please print clearly
Accounting Statement Analysis
Effiezal Abdul Wahab
Tutorial day and time:
Name of T
Submission requirements for the Individual Assignment:
1. A hard copy must be handed in for grading purposes.
2. A soft copy must also be e-mailed to the unit controller for security purposes.
(This part of the assignment must
1. Strategy analysis vs. financial statement
a.Investigate the firms in a qualitative way
which can assist further analysis
b. Accounting methods depend on the
i. Depreciation method of vehicles
1.Depends on the industries, coul