The skeletal system is one of the body systems that students enjoy studying most.
Naming the bones is, at first, a challenge, then rapidly becomes a source of
confidence as students develop their identificati
Which of the following is one of the ways that the
membranes of winter wheat are able to remain fluid
when it is extremely cold?
A) by increasing the percentage of unsaturated
phospholipids in the membrane
B) by increasing the percentage of cholesterol
What is the molar percentage of nitrogen gas in dry air?
What is the molar percentage of oxygen gas in dry air?
Gases can freely mix with each other.
The pressure of a gas rises when its temperature is increased.
Lab #2: Cells, Chromosomes, and Mitosis
1. The cell cycle can be divided into two main phases: interphase, which accounts for about
90% of the cycle, and mitotic phase (M), which accounts for the remaining 10%. During
interphase, a cell grows by pr
Mendels Gene Idea to the Human Genome
Chapter 14 (Mendel and the Gene Idea)
blending hypothesis = genetic material from 2 parents blends together
particulate hypothesis = parents pass on discrete heritable units (genes) (THINK PARTICLES)
o explains th
Class notes Review
1. The ability of ice to float because of the expansion of water as it solidifies is an
important factor in the fitness of the environment. If ice sank, then eventually all ponds,
lakes, and even oceans would freeze solid, making life a
Epogen is produced by the company Amgen. Amgen located at Thousand
Oaks, California, is a global biotechnology company. It discovers, develops,
manufactures, and markets human therapeutics based on advanced
cellular and molecular biology. Amg
Sociobiology and Genetics
Professor Armand Sanderson's Sociobiology lecture was not quite as
popular as his brother Julian's Paleobio class. Partly this was because
sociobio did not lend itself to psycho-Permian field trips; partly this was
because he, un
Characteristics of Life
Movement - self initiated change in position, motion of internal parts
Responsiveness - ability to sense changes and react
Growth - increase in body size
Reproduction - DNA passed from parents to offspring
Respiration - obtaining o