Lab 7: Feeding and Digestion
Table 1: Digestive system structures of the rat, pigeon, dogfish shark, and mudpuppy
Spleen filter blood cells
Stomach stores and
breaks down food
Small intestine food
Rugae allows stomach
to expand and contract
Lab 9: Urogenital System
Questions 1-5 (p.75)
1. What is the mesenephric duct as seen in male sharks?
- Connected organs (epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicle)
- Used for sperm transport
2. What are the two main functions of the tetrapod kidney?
Lab 8: Circulatory System
Table 1: Major differences between hearts of the shark, mudpuppy, and sheep
Closed circulatory system
Open circulatory syste
Zoology Lab 10: Sensory Organs
1. Where the cones and rods found and what are they?
2. What sensory systems are found on aquatic vertebrates that are not observed on tetrapods?
3. Where is the tapetum lucidum found? What is its function? Which vertebrate