The Autonomic Nervous System
5. Autonomic motor nerves do NOT innervate A. Smooth muscle. B. Skeletal muscle.
C. Cardiac muscle. D. Glands.
6. Somatic motor neurons have a direct connection between the CNS and their effector
organs while _ motor
CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF THE BODY
To some students the prospect of studying chemistry in a biology or physiology class is frightening.
However, it is possible to simplify the vast field of chemistry painlessly and to apply many of t
Endocrine Glands: Secretion and Action of Hormones
8. Those hormones that are nonpolar can pass through the plasma membrane and are
called A. hydrophilic. B. hydrophobic. C. lipophilic. D. Both hydrophobic and
lipophilic are correct.
Chapter 19: The Endocrine System
1. The nervous and endocrine systems work together in a complementary way to monitor and adjust
physiological activities for the regulation of homeostasis.
2. In general, the nervous system performs short-term
Chapter 13: The Nervous System: Neural Tissue
1. Two organ systems the nervous and endocrine systems coordinate and direct the activities of
other organ systems. The nervous system provides swift, brief responses to stimuli; the