SI Leader Cici Chen
1.What is a Categorical variable? What is a Quantitative variable?
2.Are the following variables, numerical or categorical?
a. shoe size
b. eye color
c. the color of an M&M candy
d. the length of a snake
1. Cancer of the colon and rectum is less common in the Mediterranean region than in
other Western countries. The Mediterranean diet contains little animal fat and lots of
olive oil. Italian researchers compared 1953 patients with colon or rectal cancer w
1. American roulette wheels have 38 numbers, 18 of which are red, 18 are black, and 2 are
green. You are checking a roulette wheel to see if it is correctly balanced by checking to
see if red occurs with the right relative frequency. You observe 500 spins
Math 150b , . Name (Print): 74, M WEWj
This exam contains 8 pages (including this cover page) and 7 problems. Check to see if any pages
are missing. Enter all requested information on the top of this page, and put your initials
O TRIGONOMETRIC GRAPHS AND INVERSE FUNCTIONS
Writing the equation of a sine or cosine function given it.
horizontal | 21: l
shift: pe'wd: Ta
horizontal | _ In |
shift: Pemd' b H
4.14.4 Trigonomelril: (Circular) Funnlians
The graph ofy = C + a sin [b(x d)] or y = c + a cos [b(x 117)], where b > 0, has amplitude [a I, pcriodh, a vertical translation 6 units up
if c > O or Icl units down if c < 0. and a phase shift (.1 units to the
5.1 Fundamental Identities 5.5 Pruductto-Sum and Sum-Io-Producl Identies
uk; 91 A 31[ (A+B)+ (AB)]
CO [3110 SEC COSG , COS COS 2 COS COS
tan 6 =12: cot 6 = (3): sinA sin B =3 [cos(A B) cos(A + B)]
sin26+cosz=l tan23+l=sec26 l+cot26=csc29
sin(-6) = -sir
4.14.4 Trigonometril: (Circular) Functions
The graph ofy = c + a sin [b(x 47)] or y = c + .11 cos [b(x d) ], where b > O, has amplitude IL: I, periodh, a vertical translation C units up
if c > 0 0r ICI units down if c < O, and a phase shift d units to the
Math 104 Final Review
Find all six trigonometric functions of if ( 3, 7) is on the terminal side of .
Find cos and sin if the terminal side of lies along the line y 2 x in
Find the remaining trigonometric functions of if csc 3 and te
Math 104 Practice Test #1 Fall 2007
1. Find all six trigonometric functions of if (3, 7) is on the terminal
side of .
SOLN: see Quiz#1
2. Find cos and sin if the terminal side of lies along the line y = 2x
in quadrant IV. Find .
cos = 15
imum weight of 20 (grams).
19. The data implies that one female produces 150 (1/3) 0.5 female larvae. Thus
after one cycle, we have 25 female larvae,
after two, we have 252 , and so on. So the
total number of descendants in one year is
25 + 252 + 253 +
Problem Set 1.1 - Real Numbers and
1. a. Function; D : cfw_3, 4, 5, 6, R : cfw_4, 7, 9.
b. Not a function, just a set of numbers.
25. D : x 6= 2, R : cfw_5, constant: on D.
27. D : [5, 3)(3, ), R : [3, 6)(6, ),
increasing: [0, 3) and (3, ), de
BMAppendixA-E.indd Page 641 19/06/14 11:22 AM f-389
Standard Normal Probabilities
Table C t Distribution Critical Values
Table D Chi-square Distribution Critical Values
A square piece of cardboard is 5 inches on a side. A square piece x inches on a side is cut out from each
corner. The flaps are then turned up to form an open box. Find polynomials that represent the volume
and outside surface area of
Recall the order of operations:
1) First find values of expressions inside grouping symbols;
2) next do all multiplications and/or divisions from left to right;
3) next do all additions and/or subtractions from left to right;.
Add within the