Ch 3 Questions - Developing Professional Selling Knowledge
1. How might the following characteristics of business-to-business markets affect the relational
selling activities of salespeople:
Larger, but fewer, buyers?
o Business buyers tend to be large in
Ch 3 Continuing Case: Understanding Tom Penders
What type of communication style do you believe that Tom exhibits? What are the
characteristics of this communication style?
I believe Tom exhibits an analytical communication style. Tom begins
Ch 2: Developing Professional Selling Knowledge
1. What is the essence of trust for a salesperson?
The essence of trust for a salesperson is the extent of the buyers confidence in the salespersons
2. If trust means different things to different
Ch 1: Developing Professional Selling Knowledge
1. How is personal selling different from other forms of marketing communications?
Personal selling is focused on the relationship between the seller and the buyer. Other forms of
marketing communication (ad
1. The problems I see with Jeffs H2G sales call are mainly the lack of many things.
Jeff did not ask Greg about his companys vision, budget, or needs. He did not
explain SSIs products advantages or specifically how they could help Gregs
Chapter 3 Case Questions -Selling for Relationshipsfirst, Inc,: Understanding Communication Style,
Buying Teams, and Buying Needs
Based on your understanding of both Dawn and Stewart, how would you characterize the
communication style of each?
1. What are the ethical issues involved in this situation?
The first ethical issue involved in this situation is the deceptive practice by Kelly. In a
way, Kelly withheld information from the purchasing agent because they do not know