Case A, backup transformer
we depreciate as soon as its been used the first time
dont depreciate, because they treat it as inventory,
Q10-21 asset impairment
look for indicators, annually
is there a trigger?
CA > RA,
Exam 1-5 Review
20. Mukundan Company uses a job-order costing system. Manufacturing overhead is
applied to Work in Process inventory using a predetermined overhead rate. During
the current month, the company's transactions included the following:
29. Ontario Company uses the weighted-average method in its process costing
system. The Baking Department is the third department in its production process.
The data below summarize the department's operations during the current month:
1) The Gourmand Cooking School runs short cooking courses at its small campus. Management has identified two cost
drivers that it uses in its budgeting and performance reportsthe number of courses and the total number of students. For
example, the s
Chapter 7: Applying Excel
Selling and administrative overhead
Selling and administrative overhead
Exam 1-4 Review
10. An opportunity cost is: the benefit forgone when one alternative is
selected rather than another
*An opportunity cost is the potential benefit that is given up when one alternative is
selected over another.
11. Which of the following s
EXAM 1-3 Review
1. All of the following would be classified as manufacturing overhead except the:
Wages of supervisor of the machining shop.
Depreciation of the equipment in the machining shop.
Property taxes relating to the building that houses
Chapter 6: Applying Excel
Selling price per unit
Variable per unit produced:
Variable manufacturing overhead
Fixed manufacturing overhead per year
1. For a lamp manufacturing company, the cost of the insurance on its vehicles that
deliver lamps to customers is best described as a: period cost.
2. Each of the following would be a period cost except:
A. the salary of the company preside
11. The formula for the gross margin percentage is:
A. (Sales Cost of goods sold)/Cost of goods sold
B. (Sales Cost of goods sold)/Sales
C. Net income/Sales
D. Net income/Cost of goods sold
12. The ratio of cash, trade receivables, and mark
1) Vulcan Flyovers offers scenic overflights of Mount St. Helens, the volcano in Washington
State that explosively erupted in 1982. Data concerning the companys operations in July
For the Month Ende
Chapter 1 Cases
Martha Stewart's Lost Reputation; Where Were the Accountants?
Jennifer Coleman, Daniel Da Silva, Alaa El emam (Elie), Travis Evans
Martha was a multimillionaire who made her wealth in her MSO brand. She invested
in shares with ImClone, a c
AVERAGE COMPENSATION IN RELATION TO PRODUCTIVITY BY
EMPLOYMENT SIZE, U.S. MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES
Employment size= Average number of employees
Y = Average compensation ($)
X = Average productivity ($)
si = Standard deviation of compensation ($)
INFANT MORTALITY RATE IN 20 COUNTRIES
IMOR: Infant mortality rate (per thousand live births), 1988
PCGNP: Per capita GNP (1988$)
PEDU: Percentage of age group enrolled in primary education, 1987
POPGROWTH: Population growth rate, 19801988 averag
TABLE 9-7. Sales and employment for companies performing industrial R&D in the United States, by industry: 2005
(values are in millions of dollars)
Textiles, apparel, and leather
The Government and Not-For-Profit Environment
TRUE/FALSE (CHAPTER 1)
F The main objective of a typical governmental or not-for-profit entity is to earn a profit.
T A governments budget may be backed by the force of law.
F Governmental e
Long-lived Assets and Investments in Marketable Securities
TRUE/FALSE (CHAPTER 7)
1. General capital assets are distinguished from the capital assets of proprietary funds and fiduciary funds.
2. General capital assets are excluded from governmen
Questions for Review and Discussion
1. Unlike businesses, governments have the power to tax and, at least in theory, their
available resources are limited only by the wealth of their constituents. At the
same time, governme
TO THE NET
1. a. SIC 7370 Services Computer Programming, Data Processing, Etc.
b. Item 1 business
Google is a global technology leader focused on improving the ways people
connect with information.
Income from operations