Broad Koppen Classes
Tropical (A) - no cold season, consistent warm temp.
Sub- factor based on Precipitation patterns
1. Tropical Rainforest (Af) consistently warm, no dry season
BIOME: Tropical Rainforest- wetter climates, diverse plants
2. Tropical M
Denudation and Weathering
1. What is denudation, and what are its main processes?
Denudation- all the processes that lead to wearing away of the landscape.
Primary processes: Weathering, Mass Movement, Erosion, Transportation, & Deposition.
2. What is wea
Air Masses and Weather
1. How are air mass characteristics formed and modified?
2. What are the processes that lead to atmospheric lifting?
3. How does orographic lifting lead to rain shadows?
4. What is weather?
Climate and Biomes
1. What is climate?
Earth Sun Geometry
1. What are latitude and longitude? How are they used to describe locations on the earth?
Latitude: N/S coordinates, moves along y axis as horizontal line. (Origin- equator)
Longitude: W/E coordinates, moves along X as a vertical line.
GEOG 1: Physical Geography
This course fulfills the Area B1: Physical Science GE Requirements
Amador Hall (AMD) 552C
Office Phone: 278-7581