Hard Water Analysis
The purpose of this experiment is to determine the hardness of a water sample.
1. In four separate Erlenmeyer flasks add 25.0 mL of Ca2+ solution.
2. In four separate Erlenmeye
Sample Test I - First Exam
Circle the best fit answer in all of the following questions.
1. Which of the following metric relationships is incorrect?
a. 1 microliter = 10-6 liters
b. 1 megagram = 106 grams
c. 1millimeter = 103 meters
d. 1 kilogram
1. For phosphorous (P) atom:
a. The electron configuration is _
b. The orbital diagram is: _
c. Number of single (unpaired) electrons is: _
2. Number of single electrons in P+ is _
3. Number of single electrons in P3 i
1. Which of the following frequencies corresponds to light with the longest wavelength?
a. 3.00 x 1013s-1
c. 8.50 x 1020s-1
e. 4.12 x 105s-1
b. 3.20 x 109s-1
d. 9.12 x 1012s-1
2. How many photons of light having a wave
Chapters 9, 10
1. Use the VSEPR theory to predict the shape, hybridization and the expected bond angle
of each of the following species.
1. A gas absorbs 2.0x103 J of heat and then performs 8.0x103 J of work. What is the
change in internal energy of the gas?
2. If the opposing pressure is 8.0 atm for a certain gas and the initial volume and the final