5. Explain the differences between horizontal and vertical differentiation. Give examples to
support your explanation and then provide a chart, logo, or illustration taken from your research.
What is your personal experience with this?
4. How do you believe internal organizational changes affect the social structure of an
organization; for instance, a new division must be developed in the hospital in which you work
with the addition of 50 more employees? What steps could seni
3. Give some examples of how organizations can affect the cities in which they are based. Use
the city/area in which you now live and also report on an international city of your choice.
Organizations definitely influence the place they are bas
2. Why are small companies (under 50 employees) important to our economy? What are the
major problems faced by small companies that would lessen their effectiveness to succeed or
drive them out of the market altogether?
A small business (also c
1. CASE STUDY: Go to this Web site http:/www.inovus.com/organiza.htm on organizational
design. Explain in your own words (no quoting of text from there) on: (a) organizing on purpose
and (b) describe the design process strategy organizations us
Running head: Manufacturing
overhead: Borealis manufacturing company
Name of student
Name of instructor
Manufacturing overhead: Borealis manufacturing company
Borealis manufacturing company
In business operati