1. After teaching about stress, which information indicates a correct understanding of stress?
a. It worsens but does not cause disease.
b. It can be viewed as transactional.
c. It is a psychologic, rather than biologic, event.
d. It is a passi
1. A nurse is reviewing the results of an ABG and finds reduced oxygenation of arterial blood. What
term should the nurse use to describe this condition?
1. Which patient wou
1. A newborn male is diagnosed with albinism based on skin, eye, and hair appearance. Which
finding will support this diagnosis?
Inability to convert tyrosine to DOPA (3,4 dihydroxyphenylalanine)
1. A nurse should document on the chart that chronic pain is occurring when the patient reports
the pain has lasted longer than:
a. 1 month
b. 3 to 6 months
c. 1 year
d. 2 to 3 years
1. A 16-year-old male took a recreational
1. Although the basic structure of the cell plasma membrane is formed by a lipid
bilayer, most of the specific membrane functions are carried out by:
1. Bound and transmembrane proteins
2. Complex, long carbohydrate chains
3. Surface antigens and hormone
1. A 65-year-old male presents for a routine checkup. A blood pressure check reveals a systolic
pressure of 160 mm Hg and a diastolic pressure of 70 mm Hg. Which of the following is the most
likely cause of this type of pressure elevation?
Which identifies correctly how the G proteinlinked receptors are similar?
Their cytosolic domain has intrinsic enzyme activity.
Insulin is an example of the second messenger cAMP, which binds to an
These linked receptors are involve
1. Many valvular stenosis and regurgitation disorders in adults have a common etiology. Which of
the following conditions should alert the nurse that the patient may have both types of valve
a. Heart failure
b. Connective tissue di