Each assignment shall be limited to no more than 3 single spaced pages plus
diagrams and appendices. Written cases shall have the following sections: Title,
Introduction: Issue and Cause Summarized, Analysis (include industry
analysis, company analysis, S
1. In the manufacture of a certain type of automobile, four kinds of major defects and seven
kinds of minor defects can occur. For those situations in which defects do occur, in how many ways can
there be twice as many minor defects as there are major one
1. Find the value of each of the following Boolean expressions if the values of the Boolean
variables w, x, y, and z are 1, 1, 0, and 0, respectively.
a) xy + x y
b) w + xy
c) wx + y + yz
d) (wx + yz) + wy + (w + y)(x + y) 1
2. Let w, x, and y be Bo
3. For the graph in Fig. 11.7, how many paths are there from b to f ?
There are 6 different paths that get you from b to f
6. If a, b are distinct vertices in a connected undirected graph G, the distance from a to b is
defined to be the lengt
2. If _ is a reflexive relation on a set A, prove that _2 is also
reflexive on A.
1. Draw the Hasse diagram for the poset (_(_), ), where
_ _ cfw_1, 2, 3, 4.
6. For A _ cfw_a, b, c, d, e, the Hasse diagram for the poset
(A, _) is
4. A wheel of
fortune has the integers from 1 to 25 placed on it in a random manner. Show that
regardless of how the numbers are positioned on the wheel, there are three adjacent numbers
whose sum is at least 39.
We can show proof by contradi