CALCULATING BETA COEFFICIENTS
Now we show how to calculate beta for an actual company, General Electric.
Step 1. Acquire Data
We downloaded stock prices and dividends from http:/finance.yahoo.com for General Electric, using its ticker symbol
GE. We also d
Guideline for the Project Write-up
Follow the following steps to write the report for the project:
1. Briefly introduce the company including its history, lines of business, position in
the industry, and why you chose the company.
2. Determine what capita
Guideline for the Presentation
1. Use PowerPoint for presentation.
2. Bring your presentation on a flash drive, in an email, or in a laptop.
For mac users, you may need to bring an adapter to connect to the
3. Turn in a printed presentation sli
Guideline for the Presentation Evaluation
Use the following questions to evaluate the presentation:
1. Overall, is the presentation clear and understandable?
2. Is the presentation finished within the time allowed?
3. Is the project correctly done?
Cost of Capital Project
The goal of the project is to find the cost of capital of a company and compare your estimates
of the cost of capital with ROE and ROA of the company.
Choose one of your favorite companies and collect relevant information from SEC
1. Which of the following is appropriate corporate goal?
a) Increase market share.
b) Expand profits.
c) Maximize the value of the existing shares
d) Minimize costs.
2. Which of the following can be classified as agency problems?
a) Managers spend time go