ENTR 2P51 Chapter 4 Business Plan
- Firms plan or recipe for how it creates, delivers, and captures value for its stakeholders
- Developed after feasibility study and before moving forward with operational details
- Integral to sh
Chapter 4 Business Plan
- Team Name, Proposed Company Name, Names of Team Members, Date
- Provide a brief description of your business
- Provide a statement of financial need and statement of confidentiality
ENTR 2P51 Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Pursuing opportunities without regard to current resource
- Opportunities can be :
o Innovative product
o New business model
o Better/Cheaper version of existing product
o Target exist
Chapter 12 The Importance of Intellectual Property
Intangible product of human intellect that has value in the marketplace
Product of human imagination, creativity, and inventiveness
Determining what Intellectual Property
Business Plan Grade Sheet
Team Name: _
Team Name, Proposed Company Name, Names of Team Members, Date
Provide a brief description of your business. Provide a statement of
financial need and statement of confidentiality.
Preparing for and
Challenges of Growth
1 of 2
1. Explain the term sustained growth.
2. Describe how firms can properly prepare for growth.
3. Discuss the six most common reasons firms pursue
1 of 2
1. Describe a business model.
2. Explain business model innovation.
3. Discuss the importance of having a clearly
articulated business model.
4. Discuss the concept of the valu
Chapter 10 Getting Financing or Funding
Why most New Ventures Need Financing or Funding?
- Cash Flow Challenges
o Inventory must be purchased, employees must be trained and paid, and advertising
must be paid for before cash is generated from sale
ENTR 2P51: Chapter 5 industry Analysis and Competitor Analysis
What is Industry Analysis? (Lecture)
o A group of firms producing a similar product or service, such as music, Pilates and yoga
studios, and solar panels manufacturing.
Chapter 8 Assessing a New Ventures Financial Strength and Viability
Financial Objectives of a Firm
o Ability to earn a profit
o Start-ups are not profitable during their first three years of business
o Firm must become profitable
ENTR 2P51 Lecture #3 (Chapter 3)
Role of feasibility analysis in developing business ideas
Purpose Business Venture
o Spending the time and resources necessary to move forward with the business idea
ENTR 2P51: Chapter 11: Unique Marketing Issues
Selecting a Market/Establishing a Position in the Market
Questions that all start-ups must ask:
o Who are the customers and how will we appeal to them?
o A well-managed start-up approaches this quer