BUSINESS ETHICS: CSR
CARR, A. (1968). IS BUSINESS BLUFFING ETHICAL?. HARVARD
BUSINESS REVIEW (JAN.-FEB.), 143, 155.
MILTON, F. (1970). THE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OF BUSINESS IS TO
INCREASE ITS PROFITS. NEW YORK TIMES MAGAZINE, 13, 32-33.
MACKEY, J., FRIEDM
TRAGEDY OF THE HORIZON
- When the full impacts of climate change on financial markets finally
emerge, it may be too late to prevent severe disruptions of markets.
- Only 1/5 to 1/3 of currently known fossil fuel reserves can be burnt if global
CASE NO. 1: INTERGENERATIONAL JUSTICE: THE RIGHTS OF FUTURE GENERATIONS
Intergenerational justice is a concept that has been explored by legal scholars, and thus represents an
area of jurisprudence concerning ethical principles that should be granted forc
Business Ethics in a nonEthical World
Peter Marson CPA,CGA
April 19, 2017
Truth today Pg 3-4
Public Companies Pg 5
Real life cases
Corporate Income tax definitions Pg 13
Trans-national tax strategies
CASE NO. 2: THE TROLLEY PROBLEM AND DRIVERLESS CARS
Ethical theories can be dull, but there are ways to liven the discussion and make them easier to
remember. Using history is one way. Kantian theory is associated with the slogan duty for the sake of
STATES OF AFFAIRS
DOING THE RIGHT THING IN THE
RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME
WHAT WE OWE TO EACH OTHER
ETHC 3P82 INTRODUCTION TO THE COURSE
CRITICAL REASONING AND SOUND ARGUMENTATION
- Construct sound, valid arguments that are free of
fallacies and fully justifiable.
- Anticipate and refute objections to your position.
- Be open to a diverse range of belie
CASE NO. 3: HIGH FREQUENCY TRADING
Stock market trading goes back many centuries, but it is only in the 20 th century that it has acquired
particular importance because of the high volume of trading that affects the public at large through
Chapter 3 (Slides)
- It the idea of benefit majority of society with acts and there are cost
- The decision maker is on equal field as everyone else and must survive
presents and future
- It must min harm and max benefit
- We pla
Chapter 4 (Slides)
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- CRS is done by a company who is focused and wants to help the society they
- Some argue that the companies sole purpose is too create profit and this
helps advance society by jobs and
BUSINESS ETHICS: ETHICAL
WEEK 2: WHITE, J., & TAFT, S. (2004). FRAMEWORKS FOR
TEACHING AND LEARNING BUSINESS ETHICS WITHIN THE
GLOBAL CONTEXT: BACKGROUND OF ETHICAL THEORIES.
JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT EDUCATION, 28(4), 463-477.
Right vs. Wrong
BUSINESS ETHICS: ETHICAL
BANDURA, A., CAPRARA, G. V., & ZSOLNAI, L. (2000). CORPORATE TRANSGRESSIONS
THROUGH MORAL DISENGAGEMENT. JOURNAL OF HUMAN VALUES, 6(1), 57-64.
ARIELY, D. (2012). WHY WE LIE. WALL STREET JOURNAL (MAY 26, 2
Corporate Ethics: An Analysis of Apple
ETHC 3P82, Sec. 3
Submitted to: Dr. William Woof
Apple Inc., founded in 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne
as Apple Computers Inc., is the most value corporat