1. Why should a manager know about research when the job entails managing
people, products, events, environments and the like?
The manager, while managing people, products, events, and environments, will
invariably face probl
BB204 Business Research Methods
1. Why should a manager know about research when the job entails managing people,
products, events, environments and the like?
2. For what specific purpose is Basic research important?
Independent variable is that factor which is measured, manipulated or selected
by the experimenter to determine its relationship to an observed phenomenon.
The variations of an independent variable may be called levels.
Dependent variable i
CHI-SQUARE TEST OF INDEPENDENCE
How to run Chi-square Test of Independence
1. From the main menus choose: File, Open and Data.
2. Select the Employee data and place it in the File Name box and click Open to open the data file.
3. Then from the mai
P age |1
EXPLORATORY DATA ANALYSIS (EDA)
After this laboratory exercise you will know:
1. What are the requirements to run EDA,
2. How to explore your data, and
3. How to interpret the various EDA outputs.
Check missing da
1. Normality test
2. Equality of variance
Example of research objective: To identify the difference between stress management workshops
and stress index.
How to run One-way ANOVA test
1. From the main menus choose: File
Multiple Regression: Statistical
Methods Using IBM SPSS
his chapter will demonstrate how to perform multiple linear regression with IBM SPSS
first using the standard method and then using the stepwise method. We will use the
data file Persona
By Hui Bian
Office for Faculty Excellence
Location: 2307 Old Cafeteria Complex
When want to predict one variable from a
combination of several variables.
When want to determine which variables are
After this class you will know:
1. What are the requirements to run Independent-samples,
2. How to run Independent-samples,
3. How to interpret the various Independent-samples outputs, and
4. How to report Independent-samp
Socioeconomic status and quality of life in elderly people in rural area of Iran.
Sedentary Life Style is a risk factor for DM
Exercise: Writing Numbers
1. 215 respondents participated in this study.
2. There were one hundred and forty-two
Types of Research Methods
Detailed descriptions of
specific situation(s) using
1. What kinds of sampling designs would be used for the following?
a. A study to get a quick idea of the medical acceptability of a new aspirin substitute
which cannot be dispensed over the counter without prescription.
b. A study involving a s
1. An exploratory study is just as useful as a predictive study. Discuss this statement.
Without exploratory studies, new areas of knowledge cannot be developed. Every theory
we now have must at one time have started as an exploratory research s
1. How would you describe the research process?
The research process includes a series of steps in identifying the variables to be studied
and the method for conducting the study. The problem statement is a critical aspect.
Though it is generate
REVIEW MATRIX FOR JOURNAL ARTICLES
last name &
IV: Actual usage,