1. Which of the following loses its contents when you shut down the computer?
2. Identity the type of RAM in the following figure.
3. A system that uses matched pairs of the memory modules supports which of the following?
CHAPTER 1 A+ HARDWARE
1.Match the components indicated on the figure
2.F 3.C 4.D 5.A 6.B
2.Match the components indicated on the figure
1.C 2.B 3.E 4.D E.3
3.Which of the following statement s best describe firmware?
D. Firmware is comprised of instru
1. which of the following is the most common motherboard form factor used in desktop computers
2. Which motherboard form factor is commonly used in a home theater system?
3. Match the motherboard figures with the form
CHAPTER 2 A+ HARDWARE
1.Which of the following best describes the Bios?
A. Firmware contained on a ROM chip
2.When the user wants to change the default settings in the BIOS startup program, where are those
changes saved and stored?
3.Which of the
1.Identify the ports on the ATX motherboard in the following figure.
A. (6) B. (15) C. (7) D. (2) E. (8) F. (3) G. (4) H. (1) I. (9)
2.Which of the following describes a USB 3.0 port?
D. Runs at a maximum speed of Gbps.
E. Usually color-coded bl
1.Your client reports that a system with an intel i7 Ivy Bridge processor is not running multiple
applications as quickly as expected. When you use CPU-Z to check processor specifications, you
determine that the number of cores and threads are e
When installing an expansion card, what is the first thing that you should do?
D. Unplug the AC power
You are building a computer from existing parts and will be using the video card shown.
D. PCIe x16
You have just bought a new sound card. Befo
1. Write the type of storage media (optical, magnetic, or flash) that corresponds to each
Records information in tracks and sectors
containing 512 bytes
Stores data in continuous spiral
Used on memory cards
Records information in a