What is your favorite retailer? Why do you like this retailer? What
would a competing retailer have to do to get your patronage?
Amazon is my favorite retailer due to the convince they provide me,
particularly with being a student. You pay a yearly sub
Do you still feel the same way as a customer? Does the video make
you (as a consumer) feel uncomfortable in any way?
The video makes one feel uncomfortable about the way they feel after
watching it. We all know that the shopping world
1. What are the worst retailers youve visited? Why do you rate them so
The worst retailers typically are larger more corporate run places like
Walmart, K-Mart, Home Depot. These retailers are so poorly rated to me
because they hav
1. (c)dX-= O, cisanarbitrary constant
3' adgmiv): dXdx.
d du dV
5.- d: -(uv)= Va; + Hg):
7. %(cu)- _ CE \
(till 1'1 11-1 (111
9. dx (u )2 nu11 dx
d . . du
11. $3111 u) - cos u dX-
cl 2 du
13. a-X-(tan u) sec u t1:
15. dX(sec u): sec u tan
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
You must show your correct work for full credit on all questions except #4 and #9.
Circle and simplify all final answers. Good luck.
For Questions 1 & 2, evaluate the integral and reference the rule used.
1. Use the rectangle method to approximate the area under the function y = 3x + 7 between
x = 1 and x = 7 using n = 4 rectangles for both the left and right endpoints.
L4 = _
R4 = _
Bonus: What is the exact area under the function on
Simplify all final answers.
Friday, October 28, 2016
Find the volume generated by revolving the region bounded by
y = 3x2 , y = 0, x = 1 about the x-axis. [Exact answer, no decimal approx.]
Find the volume generated by revo
2. Find the dimensions of the rectangle of largest area having xed perimeter 100. =>
4. A box with square base and no top is to hold a volume 100. Find the dimensions of the box
that requires the least material for the ve sides. Also nd the ratio of heigh
CHAPTER 3 DERIVATIVES
A graphing calculator or computer provides another way of looking at differentiabil _
If f is differentiable at a. then when we zoom in toward the point (a. f (al) the g .
strai-ghtens DUI and appears more and more like a line. (Se
Give a rational expression that has vertical asymptotes at x = 3 and x = -2, and a horizontal
asymptote at y = 4.
2. Give a rational expression that has vertical asymptotes at x = 0 and x = -2, and a horizontal
asymptote at y = 0.
Using Alebra to Find Limits
(1) Find the following limits:
(a) lim 3
x1 x 1
v2 v 3 + 8
x1 x 1
3x2 + ax + a + 3
exists as a finite number?
x2 + x 2
(2) Is there a number a such that lim
(1) Sketch the graphs of all six trig functions.
(2) Be able to complete the trig table from class by yourself! (Dont memorize. Thats really not helpful.
Instead, be able to sketch a quick unit circle and derive the trig values.)
(3) Find the
Graphs and Limits
(1) Draw the graph of a function g whose domain is the set of all real numbers and where:
(a) lim g(x) = 1
lim g(x) =
(c) lim g(x) =
(d) g(3) = 0
(e) lim g(x) = 0
(f) g(0) = 2
(g) lim g(x) = 1
(h) lim g(x) = 1
Piecewise Functions, Limits, and Continuity
(1) Sketch the piecewise function below, and then
f (x) = 3
x + 1
lim f (x) =
(b) lim f (x) =
(c) lim f (x) =
(d) lim f (x) =
find the requested limits.
x < 1,
Definition of Derivative at a Point
Use the definition of derivative at a point to evaluate the derivative of each of the following functions at
the given point.
1. f (x) = 2x 1 at x = 1
2. f (x) = 5x2 + x 7 at x = 3
3. f (x) =