Lab Report #2
1. Which measuring utensils are best for measuring 5/8 cup granulated sugar?
Fractional measuring cups and spoons leveled with a spatula are best for measuring
granulated sugar, especially in the amount of 5/8 cup. Measur
Lab Report #12
1. What will the nished product be like if the dough is under-kneaded? Overkneaded? Why?
Over kneading should be avoided because it results in a baked product with a coarse
texture. Mature or ripe dough has an optimal ba
Lab Report #11
1. Why was cream of tartar added to the egg foam?
Cream of tartar, a byproduct of wine and grape juice processing, is an acidic salt that
acts as a stabilizer in recipes that require whipped egg whites, such as meringue,
Lab Report #9
1. Describe the texture of vegetables cooked with baking soda. Why is this so?
When vegetables are cooked with baking soda, an alkaline, the texture turned out to be
mostly mushy, slimy and moist. This may be the case bec
Lab Report #7
1. What market forms of fresh and frozen nsh are available
The following forms are available for fresh & frozen nsh:
Whole sh: the body is fully intact
Drawn sh: a whole sh that has had all inner organs removed
Lab Report #8
1. Describe a foam.
Liquid milk products can be made into a foam by whipping air into the liquid. During whipping,
the proteins in the milk products are mechanically stretched into this layers that trap air bubbles,
Lab Report #6
1. Which tenderizing treatment was most desirable? Which was most effective?
There are many tenderizing treatments available including enzymes, salts, acids, mechanical
methods, marinades, and electrical stimulation.
Lab Report #5
1. Why is continuous stirring necessary when preparing white sauces?
It is essential to keep stirring the sauce so that it doesn't stick to the pan or turn lumpy.
Continuous stirring is also important when making a white
Lab Report #4
1. What is the difference between monounsaturated and polyunsaturated oils?
Poly means many unsaturated chemical bonds and mono means one unsaturated chemical
bond. The differences between monounsaturated and polyunsatura
Lab Report #3
1. How are the depth of the air cell and the age of the egg related?
The air cell of an egg is located between the 2 shell membranes at the larger end of the
egg. As a freshly laid egg begins to cool its contents begin to
Lab Report 1
1) For what type of research is the triangle test best suited?
The Triangle Test falls under the category of analytical tests which are used to detect
differences. It is also a discriminative test used to detect discernibl