Chapter 1 Questions:
1. What does Locke claim he has shown in his previous discourse?
Answer: He has claimed to show that adam was not given absolute authority over the world
and his children by God, adams heirs also did not have his authority, and no one
Chapter 12 Questions:
1. How does Locke define legislative, executive, and federative power?
Answer: legislative=direct how the force of the common-wealth is employed for preserving the
community and the members of it. executive=a power always in being, w
Book VIII Questions:
1. What subject do Socrates and his friends decide to return to, now that they have
established that the city is both possible and best?
Answer: He starts talking about unjust societies and unjust men.
2. What four alternate types of
Home assigment 3
1) what question about the guardians does adeimantus raise at the beginning of book IV?
A: He wants to know what happiness there even is for the guardians.
2) What main points does socrates make in response?
A: Socrates' quickly responds
Book IX Questions:
1. What is an unlawful appetite? Who is most likely and least likely to experience and indulge
Answer: An unlawful appetite is what a Tyrant feels. To do horrible things most people
only dream of doing. Obviously a tyrant would be
Mahayana is the second great branch of Buddhism. Mahayana means big vehicle, which
suggest that all type of people can get in the boat and cross the river to the other side. The
vision behind this is there are a wide variety of people seeking enlightenmen