Exterior Wall Finish,
Porches, and Decks
IdenticationBoard Siding Patterns
. Log cabin
. Ton gue-and- groove
. Channel rustic
. Wood and masonry materials Should not be
1. Builtup beam A. projecting beyond a support
2. Floor joists B. steel pipe column
3. Blocking C. recess in foundation wall
4. Pocket D. two or more planks
5. Allowable span E. supports weight of load and wall above
Exterior Door and
Name _ Date
T F l. Openings for natural ventilation are not required if a complete mechanical ventila-
tion system exists in the structure.
T F 2. Fixed-sash windows allow more ventilation than doublehung windo
T F l. The bottom chords of a roof truss serve as ceiling joists.
T F 2. Trusses require intermediate support.
T F 3. Web members of a roof truss run between the top and bottom chords.
T F 4. The printreading abbreviati