Dividends and Dividend Policy
1. Payments made out of a firms earnings to its owners in the form of cash or stock are
c. share repurchases.
e. stock splits.
Week 1 Individual Assignment
Double click on the gray box and enter your answer in the pop-up dialogue
1. In limited liability partnerships, the liability protection does not protect partners from their
own individual acts of malprac
FINC 330 Business Finance
Midterm Exam Chapters 1-8
Multiple Choice 3 points each
1) Under which of the following legal forms of organization, is ownership readily transferable?
A) limited partnerships
C) sole proprietorships
A market risk factor is a risk that influences only a small number of assets.
In the first chapter, it was stated that financial managers should act to maximize
shareholder wealth. Why are the efficient markets hypothesis
Which of the following legal forms of organization is characterized by limited liability?
Analyzing the effect of more debt on the firms capital structure
Determining whether to accept or reject a capital asset acquisition
Both the mix a
FIN 330 Spring 10 Test II - A Dr. Moffett
1. A best efforts underwriting is an arrangement where an investment banker: A. buys all of a new issue of securities from the issuer and then attempts to resell those securities. B. pays a fixed amount
Summer 09 Test III
1. The rate that banks charge each other for overnight loans is called the _ rate.
B. financial overnight
C. Federal funds
2. Commercial paper is:
A. short-term, secur
1 SET 1 PRACTICE QUESTIONS Background Chapters 1-5 CHAPTER 1: 1. Risk is best thought of as a. the chance that the actual return will be zero or negative b. the chance that the actual return will differ from the expected return c. the chance that the expe
Return, Risk, and the Security Market Line
1. A portfolio is:
a. a group of assets, such as stocks and bonds, held as a collective unit by an investor.
b. the expected return on a risky asset.
c. the expected return
EFFICIENT CAPITAL MARKETS
Prices in efficient capital markets fully reflect all available information and
rapidly adjust to new information.
An efficient market requires a large number of profit-maximizing invest
FIN 330 Test 1 Spring 2010 Dr. Moffett
1. The annual dividend at time t + 1 divided by the stock price at time t is called the: A. annualized rate of return. B. capital gain. C. total annual rate of return. D. total dollar return. E. dividend y
Islamic university Gaza
College of commerce
Final exam 2008/2009
Question 1: choose the best answer .
1. All of the following are non-cash charges EXCEPT
1. cash budget
a forecast of cash receipts and disbursements for the next planning period
2. dutch auction underwriting
type of underwriting in which the offer price is set based on competitive bidding by investors
3. best efforts underwriting
type of und
Finance 335 Homework #8
BDJ Inc. has 20,000 shares outstanding with a market price of $18 per share. If net income for the year is $175,000 and the retention ratio is 70%, what is the dividend per share on BDJ's stock?
2. Company B has $90 million in p
Progress in the Struggle for More Meaningful
there are two faces of development in Brazil.
World-competitive industry coexists with stagnant, protected sectors.
Modern agriculture coexists with low-productivity traditional practices.
:Economics, Institutions, and Development
A Global Perspective
Supplementary Materials For Students
: Economics, Institutions, and Development
A Global Perspective
How the Other Half Live
Case Study 2
Comparative Economic Development:
Pakistan and Bangladesh
In 1971, Bangladesh declared independence from Pakistan. Previously, Bangladesh had been known as East
Pakistan, and what is now Pakistan was called West Pakistan.
Though more than 1,0
FIN 335 Final Exam
Clay M. Moffett
Questions 1-33 are worth 3 points. Grade is out of 100. Turn in your test when finished with scantron. Good
luck! Bonne chance! Viel Glck! Hodn tst! Held og lykke! Lycka till!
1. M&M Proposition I is th
Practice Questions for Chapter 10, 11 & 12
1. You purchase a 6% semiannual coupon bond for 1085 and sell it after one year for 1150. What
is your dollar return?
A $ 30.00
B $ 60.00
C $ 95.00
2. You purchase a 7% semiannual coupon bon
FIN 3313 Spring 2010
(Each Multiple choice question is worth 4 points)
1. The goal of financial management is to increase the:
a. future value of the firm's total equity.
b. book value of equity.
Overseas Fund: First Eagle Funds
First Eagle Overseas Fund seeks long-term growth of capital by
investing primarily in equities issued by non-U.S. corporations.
Management's research-driven approach seeks to minimize risk by
FIN 330-3 University Studies Writing Assignment
In accordance with University Studies policies for Student Learning Outcome (SLO) in a
Writing Intensive Course, FIN 330 requires that students write a research paper.
You may work with others on t
330 Spring 2011 Test 1 Key
1. The risk premium is defined as the rate of return on:
A. a risky asset minus the risk-free rate.
b. the overall market.
c. a U.S. Treasury bill.
d. a risky asset minus the rate of inflation.
e. a riskless investment.
2. The g
FIN 330 Spring 10 Test III Dr. Moffett
1. What is the one year interest rate one year from now if the current one-year interest rate is 3.79 percent and the twoyear interest rate is 4.22 percent? Assume the rates are effective annual rates. A.