Last years exam
1. What are political ideologies and why should we study them?
BOTH parts of the questions need to be addressed in ONE line in the FIRST paragraph
"Political ideologies interpret essentially contested concepts or clusters
Laurence - 26 March
What are political ideologies and theories and why is the study of them important
Relationship between democracy and political ideologies
liberal democracy - relationship generally between ideology
Specific examples of
GV 4404 Exam Notes
3 hour exam
Answer 3 questions (of the 10)
2 sections (laurence (6) and clodagh(4) - ideology and democracy
Look at previous exam papers to get a sense of style
Clodagh - takes a quote from someone and wants you to discuss that quote
1) Differentiate between replication, reliability and validity.
They are fundamental concepts in social political research. A reliable measure is one that gives consistent
results and is capable of being replicated. Reliability is not necessarily valid t
B1 - Researchers using elite interviewing as a technique must cover 4 key points. Discuss these 4 points. (233-246)
1) Decide who you want to see - Consider what your topic of research is and then who your target group
could be and what their boundaries
45 mins each section
Quality vs quantity
1.What are the key components of the wheel of science?
(Draw it out!)
Also known as the hypothetical-deductive system, the wheel of science describes the logic and
procedures of scientific investigation involving
3. Analyze the initiatives to create peace that were taken by the 1993 Oslo Accords up until Taba 2001.
After decades of unrest in Israel between Arab Palestinians and Jewish Israelis, major initiatives
were again made in efforts to create peace. Under U.
2. Analyze the various ways of dealing with Jerusalem from 1947 onwards, and discuss the issue of Jerusalem being
a capital for two states.
At the conclusion of the British Mandate of Palestine, the United Nations took over in
Peacekeeping efforts and on
1. How did the British exercise their mandate and how did each side of conflict react?
For over a century now middle eastern conflict between Arabs and Jews has been progressively
apparent. In the early 1900s progressive Jewish thinke
GV 4024 - International Conflict
Bibliography on BB
Massuei - Israel Palestinian Conflict
Cornsharbook and ellenami - Palestine Israel conflict: a beginners guide
Schultzer - Arab Israel conflict
vita - origins of zionism