3. Physics Practice Questions Chapter 5
23 terms by so_sew
1) Action and reaction forces comprise the
A) a single interaction. B) two interactions.
2) An archer shoots an arrow. Consider
the action force to be exerted by the
Introductory Physics II
Electricity, Magnetism and Optics
Robert G. Brown
Duke University Physics Department
Durham, NC 27708-0305
Copyright Robert G. Brown 1993, 2007, 2013
This physics textbook is designed to
3. Physics Practice Questions Chapter 4
92 terms by so_sew
1) Which has the greater mass?
A) a king-size pillow
B) an automobile battery
C) neither - both have the same
2) A kilogram is a measure of an object's
StudyBlue Flashcard Printing of Physics 130 Ch1 HW
an educated scientic guess
The synthesis of a large collection of info. that contains well-tested
and veried hypotheses about certain aspects of the world is
known as a scientic_
Title: Introduction to Electrical Circuits: Ohms Law
Azusa Pacific University College
April 8th, 2016
Physics 100/Health Science
Introduction to Electrical Circuits: Ohms Law
Hands-On Labs, Inc.
Objective: To learn
Three point charges are located at the corners of an equilateral triangle as in the figure below. Find the
magnitude and direction of the net electric force on the 1.30 C charge. (A = 1.30 C, B = 6.50 C,
and C = -4.30 C.)
1. The three charges in the figure below are at the vertices of an isosceles triangle.
Let q = 7.00 nC and calculate the electric potential at the midpoint of the base.
B=lower left C=lower right
1. An iron wire has a cross-sectional area of 7.10 10-6 m2. Carry out steps (a)
through (e) to compute the drift speed of the conduction electrons in the wire.
(a) How many kilograms are there in 1 mole of iron?
Fe on periodic table = 55.849 g/mol
A riverside warehouse has two open doors, as in the figure below. Its
interior is lined with a sound-absorbing material. To person A, the
sound is loud and clear. To person B, the sound is barely audible. The
principal wavelength of the sound waves is
15. The half-life of an isotope of phosphorus is 14 days. If a sample
contains 3.0 1016 such nuclei, determine its activity. Express your
answer in curies.
The decay constant is l = T1 2 , so the activity is
R =l N =
( 3.0 1016 ) ln 2 =1.7 1010 d
1. Suppose the ionization energy of an atom is 4.100 eV. In this same atom, we
observe emission lines of wavelengths 310.0 nm, 400.0 nm, and 1378 nm.
Construct the energy level diagram with the least number of levels given
this information. Assume the hig
The work function for platinum is 6.35 eV. 27.11
Convert the value of the work function from electron volts to joules.
1eV = 1.6*10^-19
Workfunction = 6.35 eV = (6.35)1.6 * 10-19 )
ANS = 1.016* 10-18 J*
Find the cutoff frequency for platinum.
1. The light beam shown in the figure below makes an angle of = 19.0 with
the normal line NN' in the linseed oil. Determine the angles and '. (The
refractive index for linseed oil is 1.48.)
(sin() / sin(19) = 1.48 / 1
sin() = 1.48sin(19)
1. Consider the circuit shown in the figure below. Use the following
as necessary: R1 = 12.00 , R2 = 2.20 , and V = 12.00 V.
Calculate the equivalent resistance of the R1 and
5.00 resistors connected in parallel.
Theyre in parallel, so:
(12)(5) / (12
1. A long, straight wire lies in the plane of a circular coil with a radius of 0.050 m. The
wire carries a current of 5.0 A and is placed along a diameter of the coil.
(a) What is the net flux through the coil?
(b) If the wire passes through the center of
1. What must be the capacitance of a capacitor inserted in a 55 Hz circuit in series with
a generator of 200 V maximum output voltage to produce an rms current output of
C=[(sqrt(2)Irms] / [2fV]
[(sqrt(2)(0.75 A)] / 2(55 Hz)(200 V)
A laboratory electromagnet produces a magnetic field of
magnitude 2.10 T. A proton moves through this field with a
speed of 7.00 106m/s.
Find the magnitude of the maximum magnetic force that
could be exerted on the proton.