Document Analysis #4
1. She accepted the Jewish faith around the sukkot (kuczek) Jewish holiday
2. Maryna Wojciechwna was arrested during a wedding in the town of Mielec.
3. According to common law and legal codex, in particular article 79 of the
Nuns *get the rest of the lecture*
- did not preach or beg as francis had done
- were litteraly dead to the world
- they stayed behind enclosed walls
Ages of man and ages of women
- numerous understandings of ages of man
- devision of life into stages
- biology- three arch
o Looking at the natural life
o 1) chilhood and youth: learning
o 2) youth : fitness
o 3) maturity : powers and pr
1. What did St. Augustine argue is the natural good of marriage?
Saint Augustine argued that the natural good of marriage was the purpose of procreation.
When a husband and a wife combine their skills to raise a child they are secur
History of gender and sexuality
Sex: biological differences
Gender: ways in which meaning is given to biological differences
- not a static category they are constantly changing
- men and women are not enduring objects but gende
Manoralism: the economic arrangements through which serfs and free peasants
supported the landowning elite
Serf: semi-free peasant who was unable to leave his/her manor, had to render labour-rent,
and had to pay various fines and fees
- pre 18th century beliefe that men and women had the same sex organs but
womens were inside their bodies and mens were inside, therefore man is the
good side and women are the bad. Several theorists saught to explain the
early modern age is the time for a new economic era
changes made in the consumer revoltion
widespread growth of consummersism over the European
lecture about shopping
historians have long ignored as women as industrial contributors to th
Document Analysis #2
The Song of Roland
Due: January 26 at the beginning of class
1. Who killed Olivier?
Algalif killed Olivier
2. What was the name of Rolands sword?
Almace is the name of Rolands sword
3. What was the rallying cry of the French
Document Analysis #5
1. Who was the alcade mayor of the town and cabecera of San Juan Teotihuacn?
The alcade mayor and cabecera was don Thomas de Velasco
2. What did doa Theresa Bravo say to Josfa Cadena?
Dona Theresa Bravo said "Oh, you black wh
Roles and Lifestyle
Women are persons in matter of pains and penalties, but are not persons in matters of
right and privileges (Hoogeveen and Murdoch, 2014, p. 204). This is an old British definition,
that women were onc