September 9 -16 2013
Greek view of past: (i) myth (e.g., Trojan War) as history
(ii) Thucydides reconciles different ways of remembering to establish an
accurate date for his top
Week 2 Greek History
Higher density there is a need for law.
Denser populations have more disease regimes and precondition. Hunter
Gatherers wiped out.
Neolithic revolution reaches Greece ca.7000 BC.
Arrival Indo-European language. Between
Week 3 Lecture 2
Decline, Continuity, and Recovery
- In the two centuries after 1200 BCE and all over the Greek world, towns and villages were left
abandoned, as the inhabitants died or wandered away from the settlements
- By 1050 BCE, the population may
- Policy established by a League assembly
- Executed by an Athenian high command that would also control the trePomoroy
The Reforms of Cleisthenes
- Cleisthenes, leader of the Alcmaeonid family opposed plan of Isagoras and won popular
2.F.4 - The Crisis of the Aristocracy at Athens: Solon
- - Written by Aristotle in the Constitution of Athens
- Solon appointed law giver
- Defused immediate problem by ending a system of sharecropping called Hectemorage
- Outlawed Athens the practice
Beat / pulse basic unit of musical time
4 repeating beats accenting pattern
Measure or bar is one measure of a repeated pattern
Meter two or more measures of an accented pattern
Backbeat driving force of a musical piece
Accent on sec
thi cui k mn k thut lp trnh
1. V lu tnh mng A
2. Vit hm nhp mng x
3. Vit hm tnh mng A
4. Xut mng A v x
Float thuc, ao;
1. Vit hm i s mc nh, mt i s, 2 i s
2. Vit hm set, get nhp xut s phc
3. Qu ti ton
Vit chng trnh: Nhp 2 s phc a,b. in ra kt qu ca cc php ton a+b, a-b, a*b, a/b
1. Khai bo cu trc s phc
2. Vit hm nhp 1 s phc
Vit hm in ra 1 s phc
3. Vit hm tnh tng 2 sp ->1sp
Vit hm tnh hiu 2 sp ->1sp
Vit hm tnh tch 2 sp ->1sp
Vit hm tnh thng 2 sp ->1sp
1 | C+ string
CHUI K T TRONG C+
KIU CHUI CA C V HN CH
Khi mi hc C, chc cc bn u rt bi ri khi lm vic vi xu k t, vic s dng con tr lu xu k t rt phc tp, d
gy li khin nhiu ngi cho rng n khng bng xu k t trong Pascal.
Cc chng trnh C+ c th s dng chui theo cch thc
Greek History Week 3.
Mycenaeans perfected building techniques
Were manning ships of Minoan ships
Mycenaean palace complexes were smaller, less well built and located on a hill.
Mycenaens made the megaoron, a large rectangular hall.
Greek History Lecture 1.
Cost of transportation was high.
Americans shipped trucks to move resources in WW
Cheaper to transport over sea than over land
Allerian peninsula, very mountainous. Settlements are isolated by
geography. Doesnt allow cohesion.
Summary Week 2 - September 23rd 2013
The End of the Bronze Age
Fortifications around Mycenae and elsewhere c.1250. Significance.
Hierarchical societies of Hittites and Mycenaeans disappear c.1100. Physical damage and de
Early Rock n Roll week 5 Music.
White artist covering a black artist.
Mix of R&B, country, boogie woogie piano.
12 Bar sections
Up to rock n roll- women
Selling to white audience.
R&R women dec
- Put CLST200 in subject line of email
- Office: D130 Mac-Corry Hall
- Really fact based course, lots of names
- Some dates but not too many
- Connecting people places and dates
- Grading Scheme 1
- 2 midterms (25% each) and a final (50%
Early Greece and the Bronze Age
- With withdrawal of the ice, we see the beginning of agriculture
- Towns and urban units
- Need for law
- Small bands of hunter-gatherers outnumbered by the farmers
- Disease regime kills off hunter gatherers
Aegean was center of life
Sea faring cheaper than transferring goods inland
Greek states cant unify
The Land of Greece
30% of land of modern Greece can be cultivated and only 20% is good
semi arid climate inhibite