4.2 Physical and Biological Principles That Influence Cell Structure
organizing key features :
a) Cell membrane is the border b/w a cells exterior and interior
b) the interior of cell called cytoplasm
c) virtually all cells export macromolecules from cyto
BIOL102 Chapter 7 Notes
- Chemical reaction is a process in which one or more substances are changed into
other substances; forming, breaking, rearranging, and transferring.
- Metabolism refers to the sum of total of all chemical reactions that occur with
BIOL102 Notes Chpt 2
- All life is composed of atoms, which is composed of smaller subatomic particles.
- An Atom is the smallest functional unit of matter that cannot be broken down by
chemical and physical means.
2.2 Chemical Bonds That Create
Biology Notes Chapter #1
- Living organisms can be thought of as collections of cells
- There are certain characteristics that set living organisms apart from nonliving
- There are 7 principles that define the basic features of life (Common to
BIOL102 Chapter 4 Notes
- Cell biology is the study of life at the cellular level and their interactions with their
environment and other cells.
- Cells are the simplest units of life
- Cell Theory
- All living things are composed of one or more cells
BIOL102 Chapter 5 Notes
- Understand how the dynamic organization of a cell arises by complex interactions
among its various components and compartments.
5.1 An Overview of the Dynamic Interactions of the Genome, Proteome, and
- One principle
BIOL102 Chapter 6 Notes
- Cellular membranes are also known as biological membranes or biomembranes
- Plasma membrane separates the internal contents of a cell from its external
environment and provides an interface to carry out many vital cellular activi