No action from the the 2 largest economies on greenhouse gas emission reduction US and
UN powerless to compel cooperation
The modern way of life
Lack of scientific consensus
The gulf between developed and developing states
The spread of global capi
1. Hassan Sheikh Mohamud (Peace and development Party) since 10 September 2012
2. Last election was held on the 10 September 2012. Next is in 2016
3. Much of central and southern Somalia is controlled by al-Shabaab, a militant Islamist
group who has waged
1. The Earth's climate can be affected by natural factors that are external to the climate
system, such as changes in volcanic activity, solar output, and the Earth's orbit around
the Sun. Climate change can also be caused by human activities
Secession and Territorial Integrity- China wants to create
a socialist harmonious society and wants none of the
regions to seek independence.
Economic Development- China maintain an average
economic growth rate of 10 % in 2008.
Diplomatic power is the ability to influence the actions of other global actors through
discussion and negotiation.
Limiting Taiwanese membership and participation in international organizations and events,
use of its veto in the UN to ens
1. To maintain international peace and security and to develop friendly relations among nations
on the basis of equality and the principle of self- determination.
a. 193 and 51
c. Need to submit a application to the Secretary-General of UN.
Lim Yee Tung (Rocky), S3535174
1. Power comes in different forms and there are three dimensions of power
and lastly there is a distinction between strong and soft power.
2. One of the dimensions of power is the force meaning military power. I
1. TNC are big companies that invest their money to less developed country.
General Electric (US)
Royal Dutch Shell (Netherlands/Britain)
Exxon Mobile (US)
3. TNC have control of international trades and foreign