INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS
JAMES NORRIE, MARK HUBER, CRAIG PIERCY
AND PATRICK MCKEOWN
o 1st generation: static content, such as company
information, on-line marketing,
1. A _ is a detailed investigation and analysis of a proposed development project that is
undertaken to determine whether it is possible to successfully build the proposed system.
a) technical study
b) financial study
c) tangible study
1. Which type of server handles high-speed processing?
2. Which type of server provides both software and data files to users?
3. When each computer in the
1. _ is/are raw unorganized facts, numbers, pictures, and so on.
2. _ is/are organized and is/are useful to a person.
3. _ is/are created when a person combines ex
1. According to Sherril Burns what is good on-the-job advice?
a) The better way is to do things differently.
b) The better way is to things the same.
c) The better way to do things is with others.
d) The better way to do things is alone.
2. _ is the use o
1. The _ is a connected series of activities, each of which adds value or supports the
addition of value to the firms goods or services.
a) value chain
b) business process
d) enterprise resource management
e) supply chain
2. _ include the rece
1. According to Tom Beaman, what is some good advice for students seeking a career in IT or
a) always be changing
b) grow your network of contacts
c) know a little about everything
d) be a specialist in your field
2. A broad-based formula for ho
1. Clock speed on a computer is measured most recently in:
a) Megahertz (MHz)
b) Gigahertz (GHz)
c) Megabytes (MB)
d) Gigabytes (GB)
e) None of the above
2. Higher clock speeds usually mean _ performance.
3. _ tempor
Norrie, Huber, Piercy, McKeown
Introduction to Business Information Systems
Second Canadian Edition
1. Globalization suggests that modern businesses are using information technology to:
a) expand their market to customers around the gl