Problems for tutorial session
EC 3314, Spring 2017, Week 10
1. Find the local maximum points, local minimum points, and saddle points of f (x, y) = x3 3x2 +4y 2 +8.
2. (Collusion) Consider two firms that sell an identical product to the same market. The i
The phase ofmalter in the: Sun is
E- a mixture of liquid and gas.
14. KEV-11}? do slulspots appear dark in pictures of tlle $11.11?
A. They are holes in the solar surface througl1 1vhich \ve can see t
'7. Ptolemy was important in the history of astronomybecause he
A. was the rst to believe in an Earthcentered universe.
B. developed a model of the solar system that made sufciently accurate
predictions ofplanetary positions to remain in use for many cen
Which of the following phenomena causes the direction of the celestial poles to
change from time to time? astro article
1. Motion of our Moon
2. Orbital motion of Earth around our Sun
3. Rotational motion of Earth
4. Precession of Earth's axis of rotatio
Exploring the Stars
Fundamental Properties of Stars
How do we measure these properties?
How do we classify stars?
What are the types of star clusters?
How do we determine the age
of a star cluster?
Further Reading: The Essential Cosmic Perspective,
Overview of the Universe
Scale of the Universe
Motion of Earth in the Universe
Tour of our Sky
The Cause of Seasons
Further Reading: The Essential Cosmic Perspective, Chapters 1 & 2
EE8086 Astronomy: Stars, Galaxies & Cosmol