Nian Qing Lu
Assignment Homework1 due 01/14/2016 at 11:59pm AST
1. (1 point) Evaluate the triple integral
where E is the solid: 0 z 6, 0 y z, 0 x y.
1x2 y2 +1
1x2 y2 1
2x2 x2 +y2
February 8th , 2016
Time Limit: 50 Minutes
This exam contains 9 pages (including this cover page) and 6 problems.
You may not use your books, notes, or any calculator on this exam. All you should have with
VIN ext/P14; ts -. Ixa+v2= 72 <=> gtrxzo
TL" NM- vwl-s MU L4 and on $3193 Hm
goL-QMu 644-" Cl: . on was holy H
W4 LEC-ll (-I-omomw J.
(LA3E (I) : (yotgv) ,s 44,. L7 (gr, Er)
CLJLk +0? va (anally-55H; of 14. be! gum- Thanh,
Q) LH=('r:v)l+( ifT
maa 01% M m (w) Lacas
Note Title _. aluGR A 20/06/2016
Ex 0 I Z148 )
3:2 Z a \-(q\'"f>
Qty: VHVIL s 1
go cfw_7 0+ [1 bx \?+.)/ [It 9;? J
Lgt-lyyq 92+ (hum/r4 5 ffxaz)
=1le rww 17) -. If E1013
AM Mg" /W< ZW mm gww
CeQM/wwi n+4 gm JL gm'
H 1; 7t '
Written Assignment 1
Due Monday, February 6rd , 2017
1. (a) (3 points) Graph the solid bounded by the parabolic cylinder z = 4 y 2 and the planes
x + 2z = 1, x = 0 and z = 0.
(b) (3 points) Write E as a type I, II o
Assignment 5: Dierential Equations: Solutions
1. (a) The auxiliary equation is x2 2x + 4 = 0. Using quadratic
formula, one can nd that the roots are x = 1 i 3. Thus the
general solution is
y = ex (c1 cos 3x + c2 sin 3x)
(b) The complementary equation
Some review questions
1. Evaluate D ex+y dA where D is a region bounded by lines x = 0, y = 0 and y + x = 1.
(x2 + y 2 + z 2 ) dV where D is a region bounded by the cylinders x2 +
y 2 = 1 and x2 + y 2 = 4 with 0 z 1 and with x,
Some additional review questions
See also midterm review sheet, go over all quizzes and midterm, and suggested
problems. All quizzes/midterm/reviews will be posted to the course website,
1. State the Diverge
You have 30 minutes
1. Let F (x, y, z ) = (z 2 x, 1 y 3 + tan z, x2 z + y 2 ).
(a) Use the divergence theorem to compute the ux S F n dS where S is surface of
a unit sphere x + y + z = 1, and n is outwards-pointing unit norma
You have 20 minutes
1. Compute C F dx where F = (x2 + y, 4x y 2) and C is the positively oriented boundary
curve of a region D that has area 4.
2. For each of the vector eld F below, determine whether it is conservative or not. If it
You have 25 minutes
1. Determine the volume of the solid obtained by intersecting the unit sphere and a cone
whose vertex is at the origin and which opens up 45 degrees (as measured from its axis
to its side; see board).
2. By making
You have 30 minutes
1. (a) Find the general solution to the ODE
y 4y + 5y = 0
(b) Find the general solution to the ODE
y 4y + 5y = e2x .
2. Use the method of variation of parameters to nd a particular solution to the ODE
y + y =