Math 173 Assignment #1
1. EBD is 30, ACD is 60 and BDA is 80. Calculate angles x and y as shown on
the diagram. Show your work (writing the values of the angles in the diagram is
2. AB and BD are both 2 units long, while
The following is a list and brief description of the Maple commands used in the Maple
labs. More detailed information on these commands (and others) can be obtained by typing ?
followed by the name of the command while in the Maple program
Math 173 Assignment #4
1. Convert the angles in radians to degrees and the angles in degrees to radians. Show
your work. Leave in terms of , if appropriate.
2. Use a calculator to evaluate the following trig functions.
Math 173 Assignment #5
1. Use the information given to solve the following triangles, if possible.
a) a 3.2, b 3.5, c 4.9
b) b 31, c 35, B 55
Last modified on March 13, 2013 by Patricia Wrean.
2. Douglas Street ru
Math 173 Assignment #2
1. For f ( x)
, find f g ( x) and g f ( x) .
3 and g ( x)
2. Sketch the graph of the following function. Clearly label at least two points on your
f ( x) 2 x
3. Write an equation for a function that has a
Math 173 Quasi-Assignment #6
1. Find all terms of the finite sequence an
Do not hand in! Will not be marked!
,1 n 4 .
2. State whether the following are arithmetic sequences, geometric sequences, or
neither. Also, give a formula for the nth te
Math 173 Assignment #3
1. Find the inverse of the following function.
f ( x) 5 x 7
2. Use composition of functions to show that the following functions are inverses.
f ( x)
1, f 1 ( x)
Last modified on March 19, 2012 by Patricia
A Preview of Calculus
With Differential Calculus
Slope of a curve
-fuerage rate of
Transformations of Functions
Let y = f (x) be a function and c > 0 be a constant. Then the table below describes how
the graphs of various transformed functions can be obtained from the graph of y = f (x) .
Effect of transformation on
Dierentials and Error Propagation
Suppose some quantity, x, is measured. There is usually some unknown error, x, associated
with the measurement, where the exact value is x + x. Computations based on x, e.g.
y = f (x), will therefore have some error
y = f